Sign in to follow this  
SparkZ

Display adapter stopped working...

One loose screw can unseat the card.

Is the 7720M detected thru hardware manager --if it's detected but not enabled..., there is the problem. Just enable it.

But more likely, it's not slotted properly.

Atleast you know.

Hybrid crossfire?

Take out the dedicated card, try running with integrated graphics for troubleshooting to make sure the card is not defective.

Well hardware manager detects it

http://gyazo.com/23b0ad76169aa60c76abea6c95413dba

It was already enabled, i disabled it, almost got a hearth attack cause it caused a black screen but it turned into big, bad resolutioned screen so i enabled it again and went to normal...this is not the problem then, isn't it?

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

And on properties it says "This hardware works correctly"

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Hybrid crossfire?

Take out the dedicated card, try running with integrated graphics for troubleshooting to make sure the card is not defective.

I have Crossfire and enabled, and what you've ment by running integrated graphics for troubleshooting to make sure the card is not defective, isn't probably the problem either cause it works correctly according to properties of the gpu.

Well hardware manager detects it

http://gyazo.com/23b0ad76169aa60c76abea6c95413dba

It was already enabled, i disabled it, almost got a hearth attack cause it caused a black screen but it turned into big, bad resolutioned screen so i enabled it again and went to normal...this is not the problem then, isn't it?

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

And on properties it says "This hardware works correctly"

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

I have Crossfire and enabled, and what you've ment by running integrated graphics for troubleshooting to make sure the card is not defective, isn't probably the problem either cause it works correctly according to properties of the gpu.

Properties of the GPU? You mean where it says crossfire enabled?

Im not talking about that, what I mean is that if you remove the dedicated card and it happens to be defective and you only run the built in APU graphics and it doesn't crash you will have pinpointed the problem....

Properties of the GPU? You mean where it says crossfire enabled?

Im not talking about that, what I mean is that if you remove the dedicated card and it happens to be defective and you only run the built in APU graphics and it doesn't crash you will have pinpointed the problem....

Yeh if you go to hardware manager -> GPU Adapters -> Properties -> then it says in a box that both GPU's are working correctly, so they're not defective?

Here's what i mean (It's in dutch, but it means that the GPU is working correctly).

Properties of 7670M GPU: http://gyazo.com/91e2cc9d32fa3a88b480d461bcbc3bd2

Properties of 6620G GPU: http://gyazo.com/70ebb08f6eeb52569b79c0797715dbb5

And about the APU graphics, i've never heard of built in APU graphics? I thought the only GPU's were my 2 AMD GPU's and the Standard VGA Graphic Adapter?

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

And i enabled Crossfire in AMD Vision Engine Control Center. http://gyazo.com/06413348d5fe64910d31d8d4ecd6d2e5 it's all in dutch maybe you can translate it with google translate but the only important thing is the "i" icon with the message:

Crossfire is now started,...

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Update: I've made a Zeus mission in the editor to test how much my GPU can take. I created everything with modules to do it in single player. Gave myself unlimited resources, and spammed lightnings on one spot. After doing 7 or 8 the game crashed with no error. I don't know what the problem is anymore, is it DX11? Or not enough memory on my GPU? Cause sometimes it shows DX11 Error: buffer map failed DEVICE_REMOVED and sometimes it says my GPU stopped responding and is recovered. IF it is my memory, is there a way to make Arma 3 use less memory?

Edited by SparkZ

I guess i should just play daymissions...no night time for me :c

I noticed something else, before it crashes, random things like bushes become black...and mountains further away get black little squares on it. If i zoom in, the black squares are gone, and if i zoom back again it crashes, maybe that helps finding a solution for me :p

Yeh if you go to hardware manager -> GPU Adapters -> Properties -> then it says in a box that both GPU's are working correctly, so they're not defective?

Here's what i mean (It's in dutch, but it means that the GPU is working correctly).

Properties of 7670M GPU: http://gyazo.com/91e2cc9d32fa3a88b480d461bcbc3bd2

Properties of 6620G GPU: http://gyazo.com/70ebb08f6eeb52569b79c0797715dbb5

And about the APU graphics, i've never heard of built in APU graphics? I thought the only GPU's were my 2 AMD GPU's and the Standard VGA Graphic Adapter?

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

And i enabled Crossfire in AMD Vision Engine Control Center. http://gyazo.com/06413348d5fe64910d31d8d4ecd6d2e5 it's all in dutch maybe you can translate it with google translate but the only important thing is the "i" icon with the message:

Crossfire is now started,...

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Update: I've made a Zeus mission in the editor to test how much my GPU can take. I created everything with modules to do it in single player. Gave myself unlimited resources, and spammed lightnings on one spot. After doing 7 or 8 the game crashed with no error. I don't know what the problem is anymore, is it DX11? Or not enough memory on my GPU? Cause sometimes it shows DX11 Error: buffer map failed DEVICE_REMOVED and sometimes it says my GPU stopped responding and is recovered. IF it is my memory, is there a way to make Arma 3 use less memory?

I noticed something else, before it crashes, random things like bushes become black...and mountains further away get black little squares on it. If i zoom in, the black squares are gone, and if i zoom back again it crashes, maybe that helps finding a solution for me :p

AMD A8-3520M=APU graphics, you seem to be new if you never heard of it. Basically its AMD putting video card on CPU itself.

And what you describe in your final post, the little black boxes is an indication of hardware failure, and I doubt its the APU, most likely the other card (Dedicated) you put in the PCI express slot. You need to listen to me, hardware is my profession, REMOVE the PCI express card and run the game with only the APU and see if you still have the problem, I willing to bet you wont. Which means time to RMA that video card. And no just because you see "crossfire working properly" doesn't mean anything, all its telling you is that crossfire is enabled, it has no way of knowing if your card is defective.

Alright i get it. But eeeh. I have never, ever removed something out of my laptop. And i don't even know what's the PCI express card xd. I know much about all software but hardware is something i don't know anything about. If you could post a tutorial or something for me would be greaty appriciated :)

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Ow yeh and i know when Crossfire is enabled doesn't mean it's working but i ment that the GPU cards are working properly in Hardware Manager, not the Crossfire :)

If its a laptop you have to RMA the whole thing. You cant remove the other card.

I googled RMA, that means i have to send it somewhere? I got it from here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1007869/how-do-i-rma-a-graphics-card

If it is something like that i'm afraid it wouldn't be possible :/

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

And this is someone who had a bad tim registering AMD gpu's i don't have time for that :O

I just need a solution that i can do at home without sending, registering, buying stuff. there isn't probably another solution, but it's worth asking isn't it?

So I asked a question here recently about a dead AMD CPU. I finally determined it was totally dead. And so did AMD's tech team after contacting them via email and waiting a day or so for the reply. They told me register my product for an RMA. Great, I went to do that.

NIGHTMARE BEGINS!

So I go to create an account with AMD. Fine and dandy lets do that. After going through 1 million password choices and it kicking it out every time. I write tech support again. Their response was something along these lines, send us what you want your username and password and well make it, our account creation is currently not working as intended. Again I waited a day or so for this info. So now my account is made lets move on and get this baby sent back right? Wrong.

In order to RMA a product it has to be registered. No biggie lets register this bad boy. It turns out that AMD's registration doesn't have the Phenom II x6 in the product registration selectable drop down box. That is right, its not there. The X2, x3, and X4 is there. But not the X6. So I contact tech support wait a few days. The response, "Thats correct sir, you need to send us via email your CPU Serial number, purchase date, and purchase location. You have to manually register via support your Phenom II x6." So I send the data to them waited a day, got the reply. "Your CPU is ready to RMA it has been fully registered with AMD and is in the 3-year PIB (processor in a box) warranty! Go back to our site to begin the RMA process."

My thought, FINALLY! However, I couldn't be more wrong.

In filling out for the RMA you have to specify what the system is, what went wrong, and what troubleshooting steps you took. I began trying to type in the box provided and hit enter to skip a line...it tried to goto a link. So no hitting enter in their text box. OK, so I copied the email I sent to their tech support and pasted it in the box, it worked, so I typed one more key so that the SAVE button would highlight. I saved it. So now there is two little check boxes at the bottom of the page that have to be checked or it wont let you continue the RMA process. One says that you have used AMD firefly tool....it says click the link to use the tool, when that is done it will highlight the checkmark. I click the link. THE LINK IS DEAD. Yes thats right on AMD's site, the link is dead. It takes me to some random page about TV satellite dishes and so on. So Im like well maybe it was a mistake, so I go back through using a different browser to test it, and the same result. So I was like, well maybe the terms of service agreement will just check them both who knows... terms of service link takes you to AMD's help and support page main page and again doesnt highlight the checkbox to continue the RMA.

So once again I am waiting on AMD's reply to their horrible RMA process. It has been over a week + weekend of contact with them and still havent even gotten clearance to RMA my cpu even though their tech support says to do just that.

This entire experience has me so upset I am almost to the point of not buying an AMD cpu ever again. What has your experience been and is it like this everytime? And does anyone know if Intel's RMA process is nearly this bad? Am I wrong for being driven out of my mind for this experience?

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

http://gyazo.com/74f66a8946a59fb67e566f53101bc3a4

Can someone confirm that DriverAgent is a legit and good software to show you what drivers are outdated? Or is it another crap software?

There's more, http://gyazo.com/4b907625688fd9ba24f19f3464c97a93

I've installed the VGA driver update, i don't know if it's an update i just could install it from my Acer manufracturer website, i don't know if that can mak any difference

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

I've just red many people say Driver Agent is a ripoff, and i searched for AMD drivers but the only thing i get in the list is the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool. I already had the tool installed and it says my drivers doesn't support Mobility. and i'm sure i searched the right ones. According to my specs i've searched:

- Notebook Graphics

- Radeon HD Series

- Radeon HD 7xxxM Series

- Windows 7 - 64 bit

I can't find my other GPU on the list though, the 6620G one.

I just find it weird the site redirects me to a Mobility tool.

The 6620G is an intergrated chip on the cpu --hence, it runs off the cpu chip-set drivers.

Looking back at the gb dx report, arma3.exe errors off 'aticfx32.dll' driving the 6620G chip.

"Naam van module met fout: aticfx32.dll, versie: 8.17.10.1099, tijdstempel: 0x4e95ba4e"

I'd like to see you running just the 7xxxM card.

Because intergrated chips are not for demanding games --that's why we buy gfx cards.

But still, update the chip-set drivers to get aticfx32.dll updated/replaced on the 6620G chip.

I googled RMA, that means i have to send it somewhere? I got it from here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1007869/how-do-i-rma-a-graphics-card

If it is something like that i'm afraid it wouldn't be possible :/

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

And this is someone who had a bad tim registering AMD gpu's i don't have time for that :O

I just need a solution that i can do at home without sending, registering, buying stuff. there isn't probably another solution, but it's worth asking isn't it?

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

http://gyazo.com/74f66a8946a59fb67e566f53101bc3a4

Can someone confirm that DriverAgent is a legit and good software to show you what drivers are outdated? Or is it another crap software?

When hardware is defective you have to RMA. Unless you want to buy a new laptop....

The 6620G is an intergrated chip on the cpu --hence, it runs off the cpu chip-set drivers.

Looking back at the gb dx report, arma3.exe errors off 'aticfx32.dll' driving the 6620G chip.

"Naam van module met fout: aticfx32.dll, versie: 8.17.10.1099, tijdstempel: 0x4e95ba4e"

I'd like to see you running just the 7xxxM card.

Because intergrated chips are not for demanding games --that's why we buy gfx cards.

But still, update the chip-set drivers to get aticfx32.dll updated/replaced on the 6620G chip.

Alright, so if i'm right i should disable the 6620G GPU at Hardware Manager? So it only works with the 7670M GPU?

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

When hardware is defective you have to RMA. Unless you want to buy a new laptop....

I'll first try what Ratzo said, if that doesn't work, then i'll have no other choice than RMA'ing my GPU. One little question, what's the definition of RMA? xp

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Sadly disabling the 6620G GPU doesn't worked, i mean, Arma 3 doesn't even starts, when working with the 7670M only, it loads the Addons with the Arma 3 popup, then disappeares and nothing happens, but the process keeps running. And, when's Arma 3 64 bit? It keeps saying at processes Arma 3.exe *32...but i want to play *64. Maybe that's not gonna fix my problem but it WILL increase performance.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

One more thing, many people say my GPU is overheating cause of the "Display adapter stopped working and is recovered" and i should power up my fan speed with EVGA Precision X, but the program can't find my fans: http://gyazo.com/45baf2233b199037953bac6b9c5cbbaa

"Sadly disabling the 6620G GPU doesn't worked ...."

Did you disable the crossfire?

Run a dx report using the 7670 only.

RMA? --is it still under warranty?

Did you update the cpu chip-set?

Fan? I use MSI Afterburner. It can force max fan speed.

[EDIT] --MSI can force the gfx card fan, but not the cpu --the 6620G is on the cpu.

Edited by Ratszo

Alright, so if i'm right i should disable the 6620G GPU at Hardware Manager? So it only works with the 7670M GPU?

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

I'll first try what Ratzo said, if that doesn't work, then i'll have no other choice than RMA'ing my GPU. One little question, what's the definition of RMA? xp

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Sadly disabling the 6620G GPU doesn't worked, i mean, Arma 3 doesn't even starts, when working with the 7670M only, it loads the Addons with the Arma 3 popup, then disappeares and nothing happens, but the process keeps running. And, when's Arma 3 64 bit? It keeps saying at processes Arma 3.exe *32...but i want to play *64. Maybe that's not gonna fix my problem but it WILL increase performance.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

One more thing, many people say my GPU is overheating cause of the "Display adapter stopped working and is recovered" and i should power up my fan speed with EVGA Precision X, but the program can't find my fans: http://gyazo.com/45baf2233b199037953bac6b9c5cbbaa

RMA= Return Merchandise Authorization

Going to try the MSI Afterburner to power up my fan, powering up my fan isn't overclocking right? And is there a risk for powering up your fan? the only risk i can imagine if you put it too high it can get broken or get loosen and slice my laptop xD anyone know what's the best clocking speed of the fan if yu want to higher it? :p

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

http://gyazo.com/8db59a02e3c91f23c7478afed96ccea0

what the hell is wrong? It can't find my fan? Is it defective or something cause no programs can find it :/

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

http://gyazo.com/fa2904029621d9048374b7fc0e586c1b

http://gyazo.com/055d9620489f22163bef85ca7259e25f

http://gyazo.com/d5551c76574a1320f9630091f066aeb5

these are some other core speeds and gpu speeds by scrolling down, maybe it's helpfull idk :/

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

I hear some blowing out of my laptop if you're wondering yes, so i doubt the fan isn't working. The blowing can be caused by other things maybe idk :p

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Oh and if you're wondering what the words mean on the links, "Gebruik" means Usage, "Temperatuur" means Temperature, just so you know :)

Does really no one know what's wrong with my fans?

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Now it's happening on DayZ standalone too...i'm pretty fricking tired of this bullshit. I'm sorry for my languange but DayZ never had crashed BEFORE...what the hell man ...

Looking at the MSI pic, the 7xxxM card is detected --yet no driver version.

MSI does show driver version just under the card number.

The "I" button to the right will write a report showing model/driver.

Sure looks like a driver conflict --where the gfx is run from the onboard chip-set driver.

Disable crossfire, reinstall the 7xxxM card's driver.

We have yet to see the 7xxxM card running with it's proper driver.

Have you posted on the AMD board for your 7xxxM card?

Good luck!

Crossfire is disabled, i've checked the "I" button on MSI Afterburner and only shows information about the 7xxxM card. But how to i reinstall the 7xxxM driver? I only find how to uninstall but i'm afraid i'll lose my display resolution messed up. Is there a program wich does it automaticly?

Don't let this thread ignored please...just one answer, is there a program wich reinstalles your drivers? Without doing something yourself?

Looking at the MSI pic, the 7xxxM card is detected --yet no driver version.

MSI does show driver version just under the card number.

The "I" button to the right will write a report showing model/driver.

Sure looks like a driver conflict --where the gfx is run from the onboard chip-set driver.

Disable crossfire, reinstall the 7xxxM card's driver.

We have yet to see the 7xxxM card running with it's proper driver.

Have you posted on the AMD board for your 7xxxM card?

Good luck!

Is there a program that uninstalls my gpu drivers?...pls...