Sign in to follow this  
Juhansson

Prepare P:Drive not working, cannot find registry key or value error.

CLARIFICATION: I posted on someone's thread because I don't have access (yet) to post a thread on the forums (I think?) since I registered recently.

Hello!

When I launched ArmA 3 Tools from Steam and then chose Prepare virtual P: Drive the CMD prompt shows the following error:

"the system cannot find the batch label specified - formateddate"

And then, another CMD shows (ontop of the first one) and it says:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I tried restarting my PC and it didnt work, looked over Google and - nothing. Help please?

No worries regarding where you post your message, this topic is more a "All issues about P".

So, step by step:

1 - I just fixed that, but this is irrelevant and cannot prevent Devp from working as it should, then... :)

2 - Never read such issue.. Now I did! Couple of questions:

- Have you already a P drive?

- Did tried to start devp from the launcher (Arma 3 Tools Launcher)? Just in case because it seems that some tools doesn't work properly when these are launcher directly from steam.

In-fine, what's inside your logs? (Logs\devP.rpt, Logs\mapdisk.rpt, Logs\mapfolders.rpt)

Here some intel about P drive: http://tom4897.info/blog/2014/06/arma-3-tools-p-drive-devp/

Yes and no, in some way, you could get some tools working but this won't fix the main issue.

Your environment variable PATH should contain at least this (Windows 8 w/ PhysX installed):

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;

In fact I'm on 7x64, and I have physx installed.

So, I put what you gave me in the path field but nothing really changed, more over and independently, I just saw that I cannot use the A3 launcher because "No vaild registry entry for arma3 was found. Please try launching Arma 3 manually first" Thing I did but that doesn't work.

I guess there is a registry issue, but I do'nt know how to fix it.

Fact is there is something wrong on your system installation itself. Next week, I will try to get you the PATH var for a win7 x64.

Hi everybody !

I had many problems with Arma 3 tools and bulldozer !

Then what i did :

- complete uninstall of A3 tools

- I reinstalled A2 tools (v2.5.1), and tried .... everything is OK ! I uninstalled properly all A2 tools again.

- I reinstalled A3 tools but i followed those steps : http://tom4897.info/blog/2014/06/arma-3-tools-p-drive-devp/ , with my own path.

this is my "setting.ini"

[Arma3]
A3_User=1
A3_AppID=107410
A3_Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3"
A3_DevAppID=107410
A3_DevPath="/full/path/to/Arma3_dev_branch"

[Arma3Tools]
mapFolders=1
Log=1
LogPath="%temp%\bistudio\"

[P_Drive]
P_DriveUser=1
P_DrivePath="C:\Users\g\Documents\ArmaWork"
P_DriveIsPersistent=0

[thirdparty]
texViewPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ImageToPAA"
fsmEditor="C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\FSM Editor Personal Edition"
poseidonPath="/full/path/to/Poseidon"

[ini]
version="0.72"

Everything is Ok now, and it's the first time i have no error messages anymore... and moreover i can launch "object builder" directly with A3 tools and it shorcut buttons...

Only one thing is bad, and i don't know why ??:(

When i try to see my object with Bulldozer, it launch bulldozer, my object is there, but i can't do anything : i can't move camera, zoom, and do nothing else!

What's wrong and what i haved missed please ? :(

EDIT : i wanted to be able to launch and use A3 tools without nothing else than BI tools. This is why i haven't install mikero's tools or other thing.

I just reinstalled Textview2 and fsm editor with A2 tools (v2.5.1), and past the path in the "setting.ini".

EDIT 2 : i forgot to execute one time "bulldozer configurator"... then i did it ! And it's only my mouse wich does nothing! i can move camera or turn it with my pad only (AZEQSDWXC... and 123456789).

EDIT 3 : Problem is yet reported here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184340-cant-use-some-controls-hotkeys-in-buldozer

Edited by chal00