Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Missing items

I remember reading in various interviews about some items that were to be included with Resistance such as laser scopes, the shotgun as a weapons class, configurable tanks (whatever this meant), additional boats, etc...I think that we have all determined that BIS ran out of time in development, however, I was just wondering if any of these additional features would make their way into the game via patches. Thanks in advance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Aug. 13 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...such as laser scopes..<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, the frist thing i did on installing ofp:R was go into the editor and look for the laser sights, i was really looking forward to them...

Well the XM has a laser sight, smile.gif

is that what u are looking for?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 12 2002,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the XM has a laser sight,   smile.gif

is that what u are looking for?<span id='postcolor'>

No it doesn't. It is a red-dot sight. The little red dot is projected inside the scope and not on the target smile.gif

Youve got the Laser Designator - Looks like a bloddy 1960's video camera to me but that projects a "laser" dot onto the target - you can see it on the target.

The designator is old, so is xms, not a new laser sight for guns, Ive been playing since 1.0 so I think I know that they are not what i was hoping for.

And it would be interesting to know if things like laser sights will be added with patches.

I don't know what exactly the demo has in it but its V1.78 so it might have some new stuff in it. I'd still like to know what TAG is. biggrin.gif

TAG - Target Aquisition Gear

Basicaly it is what it says.

The Laser Designater is a form of TAG. TAG is basicly a Genre, not a specific peice of equipment.

AFAIK, some ppl reported that there were some classes that was defined as resistance chopper and such. but i guess CM was bullying BIS into keeping deadline, and they didn't have time to complete it... sad.gif

Down with CM tounge.gif

And what the hell does AFAIK mean?! I keep forgetting!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 13 2002,05:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Down with CM  tounge.gif

And what the hell does AFAIK mean?!  I keep forgetting!<span id='postcolor'>

As Far As I Know. I hate internet slang.... wink.gif

I was looking forward to a decent combat shot gun...hope some of this stuff makes it in the game in the patches confused.gif

Napalm!

I seem to remember that being promised at some point as well. Its certainly hinted at in the plot but doesn't seem to have actually made it in as a usable payload either.

Heres hoping for more addons in a patch.

man not even a decent combat shotgun, at least a bloody pump action so the reload rate makes the damn thing worthwhile. i seem to remember pump action's being fairly standard when as a kid i would go hunting.