Sign in to follow this  
npk

Make a specific side trigger mines

Hello all.

I've placed down a few mines in the editor. but the problem is that the OPFOR AI in the mission will at times run through the field the mines have been placed in and trigger them, potentially killing loads of their own in the process, leaving fewer for me and my GU to kill.

So my question is - How do I make it so that BLUFOR is the only side that can trigger the mines?

I believe the minefield module does this for you.

I dont think it does or didnt last time I treid it.

I believe the minefield module does this for you.

It places down a minefield and it's visible for players so they can avoid it, but the AI will still trigger the mines when running too close to them.

But thanks for the suggestion, I actually never realised there was a minefield module.

the settings in the module allow you to show or hide as required, and it lets you decide who placed the mines.

if you set mines placed be OPFOR then OPFOR will avoid the mines - not always as ff can happen to anyone, also AI pathfinding can affect this.

set

placed by to OPFOR

shape, axis a + b, mines used and amount set to your choice

marked on map can be set to friendly, everyone or no-one - it's been a while since i used this, but i think the everyone doesn't so much show each mine it just puts a marker in the approximate area of the minefield.