Sign in to follow this  
Rich_R

Arma 3 Profile

In the last week our server doesn't seem to 'see' our arma 3 profile with its custom settings. We have successfully used our Arma 3 profile to remove cross hairs, reports and death messages since December. But as of last Sunday (at least to where we noticed) this stopped working.

We've tried to point the server start up to the profile in different ways since then, but nothing is appearing to work.

Any idea's? Anyone else experiencing this? A work around or fix would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while playing with this, we noticed the profile the game makes (in absence of having one) looks different from the used in Arma 2 and the 'how-to' thread on this forum.

post your rpt, it shows the command line params used

Try to force profile path and user name adding a launch parameter like below:

"-profiles=C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\Myprofilepath" -name=Myserveruser

and put the profile into specified path renaming the profile to Myserveruser.Arma3Profile before you launch the game.

Be sure than th patch is accesible, th profile is inside and the name than you use replacing "Myserveruser" match.

As tell you Terox in the .rpt file you can see the launch parameter given and other valuable info.

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe

== arma3server.exe -port=2322 -config=Arma3AAAServer2.cfg "-profiles=C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arma 3\Users\Administrator" -mod=@CBA_A3;@AAAMods;@mcc_sandbox;@task_force_radio;@FFISv1.25

Exe timestamp: 2014/03/07 08:53:17

Current time: 2014/03/17 11:26:10

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.12.115994

Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

=====================================================================

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

or did you want the whole rpt file

Is this the profile you thought you was using?

"-profiles=C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arma 3\Users\Administrator"

I believe so.

only issue i can see there is ;@task_force_radi o (note the space, although this may be a BI forum bug)

I got a report from a community that I host for, that the latest patch cleared their user profile, replacing it with a default one.

I wouldn't have seen this issue when we updated our A3 servers because we update to a "Master" folder which is never run and then robocopy that to the production server locations

Can you post the default profile that was created, the one you stated didnt look like one in the BiKi

Edited by Terox

This is the default new profile that Arma3 makes

version=1;

blood=1;

singleVoice=0;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

sceneComplexity=1000000;

shadowZDistance=100;

viewDistance=3800;

preferredObjectViewDistance=3200;

terrainGrid=3.125;