Sign in to follow this  
BennetArms

corpse limit

Hi, its me again.

I searched for this words in the Bi-Forums, but could not find it.

I tried several of these configs for Body removal.

Could it be, that they are not working? (anymore?)

These are from the description.ext from the bi-wiki here:https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#corpseLimit

corpseLimit = 1;

wreckLimit = 1;

corpseRemovalMinTime = 20;

corpseRemovalMaxTime = 30;

wreckRemovalMinTime = 30;

wreckRemovalMaxTime = 50;

Edited by BennetArms

Bump and found a ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17280

millhauz (developer)

2014-02-12 11:10

edited on: 2014-02-12 13:37:

There are 3 parameters in core config ( and their default values )

corpseLimit = 15;

corpseRemovalMinTime = 10;

corpseRemovalMaxTime = 3600;

Explanation

if <=15 corpses, corpses are removed after 3600s ( each corpse should have its own timeout)

if >15 corpses, the corpses will be removed after 10s, starting from the first corpse

You can edit those parameters by adding them to the Desription.ext

Example

corpseLimit = 1;

corpseRemovalMinTime = 30;

corpseRemovalMaxTime = 120;

Please let me know if this explanation is clear to you , try to repro this issue using these parameters and let me know. Thank you

I choose to keep the settings low, to see, if anything gets deleted. But nothing happens. Whether the vehicles nor the corpses got deletet after hitting the Body Cap of 1 and after the Min-removal or Max-removal time.

Even after putting the Limit to "0" nothing gets deleted.

Edited by BennetArms

Thanks for your answer JAndrews1, i got the link in the original post up there. It just doesn´t seem to work. Can anyone copy or decline?

The linked ticket has a fairly good description about what to do/what happens. As well, it is also noted that the ticket is not a bug but just a misunderstanding of the functionality of the commands.

That said, I had no clue the game had this built in function. I like it!

I've tried many permutations of these parameters with no success. Just a blufor player and an opfor rifle squad on the airstrip on stratis. Set the corpse count to 1 or 2 or 3 (or whatever), mess with the timings from 10s to 30s to 120s (etc etc). Nothing dead ever goes away, even after 10 minutes of sitting.

I gave up and do a periodic deleteVehicle using allDead and more specific cleanup using deleteVehicle with foreach units group when applicable.

It would be nice if the corpse parameters worked, because oldest coprses would be deleted first, leaving those just killed present to search for ammo etc.

Becomes problematic though when you design a mission with a dead body as you need more structured code to not delete what you want to stay lol.

I think the corpse limit in description.ext affects only player corpses (it does not affect AI at all). It is useful for cleaning the mess after multiple respawns. I experimented with it a bit, and it does work, but indeed only for player corpses.

I usually use:

corpseLimit = 0;

corpseRemovalMinTime = 120;

That gives player 120 secs to find the old corpse after respawn.

If you wish to delete the AI corpses, then the deletevehicle with allDead is one option, or use the Aeroson's clean up script.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162798-Repetitive-Cleanup&highlight=Aeroson+clean

Celery also had a script for Arma 2 which might work for Arma 3 too.

I did not realize it was for players only. lol, that explains a lot.

Yes, it certainly does. D: If only it was mentioned in the wiki. What about wreckLimit, though?

I think it effects only player occupied vehicles. At least it does not clean any AI wrecks.

Thats quite interesting! Thank you for your thoughts on that one!