Sign in to follow this  
ColdShine

Problems with cfgsounds

I have searched the forums, I've tried the solutions on there... and all failed! It's 5 days I'm trying to get these speechs spoken!

I've even tried copy & paste from the TakeTheCar description.ext, and I've extracted its sound files too! You think it worked? Nooo, it still doesn't work!!!

The most horrible thing is it doesn't even tell me there are problems with the OGG files or whatever, it's just silent! Titles do appear, but sounds do not play.

Just to be more silly, I'll post the code... (top of my "Description.ext")

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = { };

class S01v01

{

name = "S01v01";

sound[] = {"S01v01.ogg", db, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

0, $STR_S01v01

};

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

The OGG is in the \sounds subdirectory of my mission folder (Missions\c01.Eden).

The "say" action is triggered with this line in a script: (top of "Talk.sqs")

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Gary say "S01v01"<span id='postcolor'>Where Gary is the name ("text" field) of the unit (a Civilian Man 8).

Please help me! I gotta be missing something really obvious... but I can't really tell what!!! sad.gif

What tool did you use to extract the sound?

I suggest you use unpbo v1.5, if you did then convert the .ogg file to .wav and play it, if it works then the sound is not the problem.

RED

Forgot to mention, I extracted all of the TakeTheCar files, and if I play that mission using preview from the editor, the sounds play. So I think the sound files are ok.

I've copied the CfgSounds entries, the OGG files and I call the "say" action just like in TTC, but it doesn't work!

Now I'll try "migrating" the contents (units, wp's, triggers, etc.) to another mission, should the SQM file I'm working on be somehow corrupted (how could?)...

Try taking out all other code from the description.ext and just leaving the sound there. It probaly won't work but you could try (I had this problem ages ago, it seems once you get a sound to work won't get any problems with getting sounds to work after).

RED

ColdShine,

In your 'description.ext' declaration, I think you need to put your sound class name in the sounds array of CfgSounds,

like so...

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {S01v01};

}

.. and the names of additional sound classes you add to CfgSounds.

sounds[] = {classname, classname, ...};

lmk

c_c

You don't allways need to do that, but you could try it.

RED

What is the name of the dir your .oggs are in? Might be a typo, stranger things have happened. wink.gif