Sign in to follow this  
fons

AI not being affected by almost all enviromental effects

It is so frustrating that the AI can see trough grass , but even more the fact they can see you trough trees/ tall and dense vegetation , and for example that a heavy fog doesn't affect them at all , i just tested that the smoke works , they can't see trough a heavy cloud of smoke , so why all the others doesn't affect them?

is it fixable? and more important , any new on BIS wanting to solve this?

Regards!

Least I can say their legendary spotting abilities (seeing the enemy in bush/tree areas 500m away while running - and immediately reporting the exakt grid) has been criticized numerous times.

Yes this has been a problem for some time. ACE included an AI grass viewblock module but this did not affect the ability to see through trees and bushes. They can also detect you behind slopes in terrain even though they have no possible line of sight.. this has been shown multiple times in the past.

Good to know that AI can't see through smoke though IIRC this was not the case for Arma 2 outside of ACE mod.

It is so frustrating that the AI can see trough grass , but even more the fact they can see you trough trees/ tall and dense vegetation , and for example that a heavy fog doesn't affect them at all , i just tested that the smoke works , they can't see trough a heavy cloud of smoke , so why all the others doesn't affect them?

is it fixable? and more important , any new on BIS wanting to solve this?

Regards!

I don't believe they can see through the foliage nor terrain (this was fixed a long time ago if not mistaken) but believe the spotting distance in fog is wrongly configured and should not be hard to fix.