Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Shadow LOD

So I have a FSX model I converted (yes I have permission), and I need help making the shadow lod.

I don't know where to start? The view and pilot LODs are complete 100% but when I try using the view lod as the shadow, it makes weird artifacts on the ground.

There should be some sort of automatic way to convert right?

Sorry for this noob topic. I just want to know what the best way to make a shadow lod, I googled and nothing came up.

I used modelconverterx to convert.

P.S. If anybody want's to check out what I have so far, I can message you the download link. I will be extremely thankful!

The shadow LOD doesn't need to be high poly count. I just make the general shape in 3ds max over the gun only really shaping out major detail. Also there should be no open holes/polygons in the mesh. Remember it's just going to be projected in the ground nothing to crazy to make.

yeah what i do is i go in max and freeze object i want to make a shadow of and make it see through. Then i basically just do a simple out line and try to keep everything convex. Its not hard to do but its hard to do it well to get a good looking shadow.