Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Setting up buldozer

I installed the Original OFP on my other system and copied the flashpoint.cfg file on a disc and then I took the disc and put it in to my other computer. Then I copied the original flashpoint.cfg from the disc to my C:\Viewer (X:\wink.gif folder. Then I started O2 and I still get the same error message when I try to open the external viewer.

Max in FILE OPTIONS in O2 are you setting the path for the external viewer? From memory you click on it and then it goes into a standard file dialog. Find bulldozer.exe and select that.

My path is as it should be (I think): X:\Buldozer.exe -window -noland -dx.

Vixer and Indy have both had this problem

Vixer said

i also had that problem and i just deleted it and installed it on D:/buldozer.exe

and now it works fine

I think it might be best if you forget about a virtual drive and try it in c:\

Just a thought, or PM Vixer or Indy to find out exactly what they did. Thats all the info found in the Oxygen forum so its probably something easy to fix.

sad.gif

edit url added

Thread where Vixer's quote from

/edit

I am running 2000 server, I get the same as MAX. with the added line it cant find it, without, after firing the splash screen from the CD the No entry'bin\config ......etc

any further ideas?

cheers

I don't even have buldozer anwhere on my original OPF CD! can anybody fill me in on this? I CAN NOT FIND BULDOZER! confused.gif

erm....

buldozer is the viewer .... the know.... the large 7Mb+ download.... the one below the O2 url on the Bis site.....

I'm getting this when I start O2 after I changed the path to Buldozer:

No Glide3x.dll present-cannot run glide version

and once I press OK:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter-1 ()Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/D16, refresh 0 Hz.

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

mad.gif

What does this mean?

How do I fix it?

I got a 733MHz, 318mb RAM, Radeon 32mb 7200 video card.

Please does anyone know how to fix what I mentioned above!

Those errors are caused by the fact that you have not entered the -noland -dx commands in the O2 File->Options menu for buldozer.exe.

All right, I've gotten Bulldozer to open but it says :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cannot open object data3d\str borovice horska.p3d<span id='postcolor'>

in a box when it opens.  Its at night also.  The obj.  appears but its really hard to see it.  

Also where did they get the names for Oxygen and Bulldozer-did they just pick a random word out of the dictionary?

I don't know about this no-land thing your talking about but i just copied the flashpoint.cfg over the one that came in the download, then set the path to where my buldozer is. I get exactly the same error as edc though.

OK listen up folks.

This is what works - (for both Win98SE and XP)

Install O2 and Buldozer in the manner prescribed in the README. Buldozer can go into C: or D: - it really doesn't matter, but it needs to be the ROOT drive directory. O2 can pretty much go anywhere - stick with the default option is my advice.

Yes, take the time to read the README. You need to. Otherwise you are being lazy sods and posting here before you've put effort into solving the prob yourselves.

Having installed Resistance, and having got OFP working perfectly - yes, by playing it once - copy the Flashpoint.cfg file from the main OFP directory into your Buldozer directory.

Also, download the latest version of O2. The "all countries" version does not require a CD in the drive. At least... it doesn't for me (XP). This saves one f*ck of a lot of time swapping shit about.

Prospero

Ok - i did every thing you say - and i read the readme manytimes - i have put OË› on D:\ and Bulldozer on F:\!

Then i start OFP once and copied the Flashpoint.cfg to Bulldozer!

Always i want to start Bulldozer i've got this f**cking error message "no entry "bin\configbin.cfgworlds"!

I use Win2000!

Who can help!