Sign in to follow this  
oo para oo

J.S.R.S Vs Speed of Sound. Video 1 - YOU decided

SOS sounds better then JSRS, BUT SOS misses that equipment ruttle sound wich i personaly enjoy a lot

Ugh its so hard to chose, both have their ups and downs. Ive been struggling to determine which one I want to use :P

This is irrelevant. It is more question of subjective who like some sounds more and as this is Client side mod you could use what you personally want.

But in fact of realism both mods fail majorly. To explain it realism is not if the sound of some rifle for example sound like in real life. Question of realism is if this sound simulating what you could hear and according to that get information in your head like position, distance and recognition of source of sound. Is it friendly or enemy, rifle vehicle or armor etc.

I start to use both in the end more JSRS, maybe because of the A2 reputation, but in the end get back to vanilla. Why? Even not sound that good Vanilla is more realistic in term what role sound should have on game play and that is to provide additional information to your brain to get better situation awareness not just visually. That is probably reason why most hardcore players using vanilla and not modded sounds.

Both sound mods sound great but it is just sound effects in Hollywood style for better looking videos but not to be what sound role is in real life.

oO Para Oo

Really nice comparison!

Could you add vanilla to it?

I really miss Sound of Anders (SOA) but I like JSRS and SOS equally. I think it will come down to audio setup and preference for most people