Sign in to follow this  
locko1997

Briefing and createDiaryRecord

Hello, im having a weird issue over here... the command createDiaryRecord is not working for me, its realy weird....

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["Situation","Intel shows that CSAT is moving heavy armor and troops to Altis, we suspect they will attack our bases on stratis.</br> The satellite reveals a <marker name='tank_fac'>Tank Factory</marker> near kavala started to triplicate the tank production, and we believe a high ranking officer is on kavala."]];
player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["Signal","1° Me: Fisherman </br> 2° CrossRoad: HQ"]];
player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["Execution","Find intel about CSAT attack on stratis, then proceed with opperation Wet Oil"]];
player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["Execution","After SDV insertion on Kavala, you will look for intel, and steal 5 CSAT server passwords to low-rank officers."]];
player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",["Supports","There's a hidden UAV on a civilian house. say: A banana is eating my cat!! i need help."]];

Help me please!

need more info, when is this being run? init.sqf? or another script.

Creatediaryrecord is local to player, but you need to waituntil {player == player }; before it will run or it just passes by.

its being run by init.sqf, but i tryed also using execvm by debug console once mission started, and nothing.

This is how BI does it in coop missions from the init.sqf

if (!isNull player) then {
group player setGroupId [localize "STR_A3_callsign_headhunters"];
_null = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", [localize "STR_A3_diary_execution_title", localize "STR_A3_MP_COOP_m02_execution_text"]];
waitUntil {count simpleTasks player > 0};
};

They also use a file called initPlayerLocal.sqf and have the briefing in there.

This is how BI does it in coop missions from the init.sqf

if (!isNull player) then {
group player setGroupId [localize "STR_A3_callsign_headhunters"];
_null = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", [localize "STR_A3_diary_execution_title", localize "STR_A3_MP_COOP_m02_execution_text"]];
waitUntil {count simpleTasks player > 0};
};

They also use a file called initPlayerLocal.sqf and have the briefing in there.

Well, its a single player mission ;)

Well, its a single player mission ;)

Why not just use the modules then? It saves a lot of bother as they all appear to work as expected, its only an issue in MP at this time.