Sign in to follow this  
feuerexcz

Spectated&commentated battles for everyone

Hey! I am Feuerex and I would like to inform you about my new youtube channel, where I upload multiplayer videos with commentary on regular basis.

If you're looking for a clan, or you just want to have a little bit of fun, watch the videos. I usually don't actually play the game, just spectate, so I have a lot of time to talk about the game. I inform viewers about the map, mission progress, a little bit about the clan/community that is being watched, possible strategy moves, and some random things.

I have seen many videos from others, and usually it's one person's perspective, and that person plays and speaks at the same time, sometimes even speaking both to youtube viewers and other players at the same time. I make videos in a different manner. I don't usually play myself and I always talk only to my viewers. I can concentrate more on the game and with the spectator mode I can switch between others, watch the overall situation or someone's perspective.

But I want this post to be a little bit more than just advertising. I would also like to offer everyone my services. And collect some feedback that could improve my work. And ask others a question.

Are you new to Arma 3 in general, or to multiplayer aspect of the game?

- Watch others play, see other clans and communities and choose the one that will suit your playstyle. Get help from others and raise your skills.

Are you Arma veteran/expert?

- You have a great opportunity to help newer players, see how the Arma community is expanding, or you can choose a clan and become it's valuable member/map maker.

Are you a PvP or TvT clan/community leader/member?

- Inform me about your existence and we can discuss the details of recording. All I need is the spectator mode set up correctly, I can also help you doing that, as it's a new feature of Arma 3 and it's pretty much unknown to many people.

Please, do not delete this post, as it's a win/win for everyone. New players can orientate better in Arma world, more experienced ones can help others, clans can gain more attention, international community can grow, everyone will have more fun. Arma is a confusing, unorganized world for new people, so I believe someone could find this helpful.

My channel is still developing, it's quite new, but it will get bigger and better over time.

I also make videos about mission editor and single-player part of the game.

Now, aside from my channel. I would like to see some battles between different clans. Some organized matches would most probably be called tournaments. Is there something like clan battles, leagues, tournaments etc. happening? If not, would people be interested in such events? I noticed that Arma community is pretty much torn between many individual clans that barely communicate with each other, but I may be mistaken, so please tell me how is the current tournament situation. Imagine that, clans competing for fame and (maybe) prices!

You will be more than welcomed to the Zeus server on our twice weekly scheduled sessions. (Thursdays & Sundays)

I wouldn't say we are the best server out there, far from it. But we are very experienced at getting good teamwork going in a public coop environment.

I would say that coming and videoing the session, and then adding your overlay and other content may very well show a lot of players out there, that there is something else to Arma than DayZ, Wastelands, Altis Life and free for all lonewolfing.

I personally am very sad to see so many RPG servers out there instead of milsim servers

Okay, great. I will PM you about some of the details that we need to go through first. Thanks for this offer, I believe we will come to an agreement!

this sounds like a good thing, im looking forward to seeing future outcomes of this.

Im not in a clan at the moment but id love to see clan's come back, last clan anything I saw was In old ofp, hitsquad, usa, =AR=, just to name a few. I know I forgot a few its been some years... I still see a few around, jeeze ill start a clan just to see clan wars happen again...

The OP needs any mission that is being run edited to support spectating so he can video from that perspective.

unfortunately for us, too much work and not enough time to do it

I fully understand that it's difficult for most of clans to edit their missions to support spectators. But it's currently the only way it can be done. I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to add the spectator mode for your missions, Terox. If you ever reconsider the idea and add the mode into your missions, contact me and we can work together.

In case I didn't state it clearly in my first post: Yes, I do need to set up the spectator mode for every mission. On the other hand, you only do this once and then copy-paste into all missions. I am not forcing anyone to do this, but there is no other way of spectating battles in Arma 3, so there is only one way for me to do my job.

Until there's a better and easier way to spectate multiplayer games, like in many other games, the current vanilla spectator mode is the only possible option for me.

maybe you can supply an example basic mission which can be merged into other missions and works for say a civilian slot, this would then make it easy to implement into existing missions.

I'd do that for ya.

this might sound dumb but why not make small gcam addon sign it key it and give him a key , he then can join server cam and record ? or even make a cpp with spectator ? this sounds more simple than editing your mission mods.

Terox, I was about to do that. Yes, I do have a mission prepared with spectator function. It's extremely simple and may not work in some complex missions.

I am not allowed to post attachments here, so I uploaded the file on multiupload.com. It's a ZIP folder with pbo and a folder with user mission. It's one of the ways I know that work fine. I also described another way of doing spectating via default respawn. These should work. I'm sorry if they don't, they do on my computer at least.

Download ZIP (direct): http://www69.multiupload.nl:81/files/D269790E149280B4384F35CE564231F8A1AA1CA813275AA210D8B3FFC6DC585AC18A0B7B443EBF4386E049A3534DF6A0F6EDC25D8DD15C964AA80B5D333DED4C1E7E5CB3246D86F3FA2398/spectatingsimple.zip

Download ZIP : http://www.multiupload.nl/PUUA1BGCXX

Respawn spectator is discussed here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164993-spectator-slots

Dr. Death JM, I was also thinking about this. I'm not familiar with addon creating, but if anyone comes with a better solution - sure, I'd gladly take it, link everyone to an addon or an elaborate script. Sure! Everything is WIP, so I'm not saying it has to be like this and that. If you can come with a solution that will be more comfortable for me and clan map-makers, then I'm sure everyone will gladly accept it and use it.

If I come with a better and easier way of adding the spectator mode, I will surely add it here. I don't want to cause problems to clans.