Sign in to follow this  
rhinonathan45

Need someone to explain how to create a mission/ campaign

Have a look in the Arma 2 mission editing section. As I recall very little has changed so you should be able to use that information to help you. Use the forums search and it'll get you the result pretty quickly if you filter to just that section.

I learned how to make basic missions watching tutorials on youtube. Jester and Swiss Maverick both make some great videos. Watch their tutorials and follow their examples. Then take what you've learned and start making your first mission.

basics are easy.

As well, there are a ton of very well made guides. Focker's is the one that comes to mind for me.

Another good way of learning more advanced steps (once you have the basics down) is download a large mission like Domination of Altis life or Wasteland and dig inside it and see what does what.

Definitely Jester and theSwissMaverick are the two best places to go. search for them on youtube. I know for a fact that jester has a basic mission building tutorial for people who have no experience doing so.

Like Grimes said, dig through some missions and see how they're put together. Definitely put them into the editor and have a look at how all the triggers and tasks are synced. I've modified a lot of missions i've downloaded to suit my play style.

I'm not amazing at technical stuff, however i think some of the ideas i come up with are good however i dont know how to make a mission and it does look very confusing

To be honest you need two things to learn how to make missions, time and patience. If you don't have either, you're probably going to have troubles.

What I would suggest is to start small and work your way up. Come up with an extremely simple mission concept and make that your first mission. Something like the players need to start at Point A and Blow up Building X at Point B. Work through that from start to finish and you'll get the hang of things, learning the mechanics of the editor and scripting. Along the way you come up with other ideas that will lead you into other things as well. Once you've got that first mission down and perfected, expand it. Maybe mission 2 they have to blow something up and steal something...etc., etc.

It just takes some time, and it's a lot easier if you just start off with something small so you can learn things in bite sized chunks as opposed to trying to take on your mega mission idea right from the get go. Too many people have a huge mission concept in mind and never finish because it's too big for their first attempt.

What Meatball said pretty much sums it up.

Each guide is made by a person with a certain "point of view" and "teaching skills". One does not fit all. Get them all, and as you find one that at first seems to make sense, you will find eventually others begin to make sense as your own skills grow.

Its a time and practice thing I am afraid. Once you think you are getting things down, you will discover you don't have them down at all and that your code is rife with problems. But at that point you should know what is going on and then can start making better scripts/missions.

Make one, test test test. Get rid of errors. Expand and add more detail, then test test test and correct errors. Repeat over and over. Quite a long process actually.

will this work with mcc sanbox be a good one to use as im a good at using this

Well, step 1 for simplicity is don't use dependencies, ie, mods. As Meatball suggested, get in the editor with no mods, and make a simple mission where a squad goes from A to B.

Mods are a pain because then everyone has to download them and install them correctly in order to play. Why bother, you know?

If you dont know how to build a mission to begin with nor how to use the editor then using mods is only going to bite you in the ass and make things more confusing.

I sent you a pm earlier today rhinonathan45, as i said i can walk you through the basics of editing, and building sp and mp missions.

i cannot get on till the weekend due to exams so i wil jump on and try every thing you guys have told me to do