Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

Addon Builder Not Retaining Options

I believe I have set up Arma 3 Tools correctly and am having an issue with Addon Builder. I set my options (Destination directory, List of files to copy directly, etc..) and when I close the application and restart it loses all my options. This does not happen in BinPBO.

1. Any suggestions on how to fix this in Addon Builder?

2. Is there any difference between Addon Builder and BinPBO?

I have been having the same problem. BTW, can someone tell me what exactly am I supposed to type in all the option boxes? There are very few options that we need to check off and type in, I'm hoping someone can give instructions as to what everything should be set to. I've tried looking some things up and it gets a little confusing.

I believe I have set up Arma 3 Tools correctly and am having an issue with Addon Builder. I set my options (Destination directory, List of files to copy directly, etc..) and when I close the application and restart it loses all my options. This does not happen in BinPBO.

1. Any suggestions on how to fix this in Addon Builder?

2. Is there any difference between Addon Builder and BinPBO?

The difference between the two is the binarize.exe it runs. It's updated to use the new arma3 models the new o2 spits out. (I can't remember the number now)

It's a known issue that this happens it on the feedback tracker. Try using mikeros pboproject. It's so much more sophisticated and won't let you create a pbo if there's any errors in your configs.

You can grab it from his dev-heaven page.

I've noticed this problem, seems random. Previous setting are stored in the registry ok but don't always get set when AddonBuilder is executed.

This is still an issue.. actually since the last update it screwed up the BinPBO and that is doing the same thing. How is this not an easy fix BIS? Does anyone NOT have a problem with ArmA3 Tools?

I believe I may have fixed my issue with Addon Builder. The past week has been a long and depressing endeavor of trying to get this tool to retain the option settings. My problem was that every time I closed Addon Builder, the presets would be lost and I would have to re-input my options.

I have only tested this with Steam activated prior to me clicking on my shortcut for Addon Builder (so I don't know what happens if you just click on the shortcut and launch Addon Builder without Steam running prior). What I did (some of these steps may not be required):

**My operating system is Windows 8.1**

1)Uninstalled everything (ArmA 3, ArmA 3 Tools, BI Tools, P\: )

2)Reinstalled everything in this order (Arma 3, BI Tools, ArmA 3 Tools, P\: (I used Arma3P.cmd))

3)Created a shortcut from AddonBuilder.exe and placed it on my desktop

4)Opened AddonBuilder.exe - Shortcut properties and enabled 'Run this program as administrator'

5)Run Steam

6)In Steam Library right-click 'Arma 3 Tools' and select 'Play Game'

7)Input all of your settings and options

8)Close Addon Builder and Steam

9)Restart computer

10)Run Steam

11)Run Addon Builder through shortcut on desktop

(Once again, some of these steps may not be required, but you sometime have to go through extreme lengths when you are desperate in solving issues)

The options have been retained and it has been good for several restarts of my computer. I did however, notice that with 'Run this program as administrator' enabled, the P\: drive is not recognized by Addon Builder. So in the 'Addon source directory' you will have to make the path to your documents ArmA work folder (if you are using P\: drive). I believe there should be no issues with this this way, but I haven't been able to see if there are any pathname issues when distributing the addon (there shouldn't because Addon Builder is not dependent on P\: drive anymore). Hope this helps someone out with this annoying and poorly documented issue.

Edited by Meatball0311

Or you could download pboproject and all your problems will be solved with one click :)

Or you could download pboproject and all your problems will be solved with one click :)

Yeah I know that, but I was determined to figure out what the problem was. These are the steps that worked for me and since then the program has been working fine. I posted these to help anyone else if they were having the same issue.... you know that is the right thing to do.

**It might be worth mentioning that I am using Windows 8.1**