Sign in to follow this  
Jester983

American idol

Im just wondering if anyone here was into the tv show american Idol. Personally I thought it was totally stupid and rigged.

What did you guys think?

Ban him and lock this. Personally I think American Idol was stupid but attracted a whole bunch of people my age for some reason. Also I was listening to Bill Handel this morning on KFI AM640 and they said that American Idol and Who wants to be a millionare TV shows were rip offs of British ones. So all I got to say is BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

yup, they were all rip offs like the Big Brother.

curiously, NBC bought rights to Weakest Link, which is now out.

i'm too old to watch that 'Idol' thingy. thought it was another FOX's attempt to salvage what they can during summer re-run season.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grey Fox @ Sep. 06 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ban him and lock this.<span id='postcolor'>

Well grey fox no one says you have to read it. I was just looking for some opinions.

I didn't watch it, but right now our main news channel at work is Fox News so they had updates (of the same information) like every 10 minutes. I'm so f'n glad it's over that I could cry.

I watched it some, and like every other non-teenybopper in the world think its just stupid. I could care less whos the next "big thing". Its always the beautiful people who win! How about a pop princess with a magnificent tumor on her chest that is mistaken for a third breast? Or the worlds fattest diva? mad.gif

Star Search back in the days was alot better, they people with tallent competing, here in idol, it was just bullshit.

By the way, did you guys hear that CBS want to take some red neck hick family and send them to some mansion in Hollywood and film it? It would be like a real life Beverly Hillbillies or something. I think these networks are running out of ideas for sitcoms, and now they're fun out of ideas for reality tv.

I don't care, I only watch COPs, Simpsons (now and then) and any sports on TV, mosty football now. I could care less what's on TV anymore.

-=Die Alive=-

nope. didnt watch it. And if you did, shame on you. Music is born in garages, not network TV shows.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 05 2002,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nope. didnt watch it. And if you did, shame on you. Music is born in garages, not network TV shows.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought u make a band by getting hundreds of cute guys to audition and you got to pick out 5 of them, one cute guy, a tough looking guy, a mamma's boy, a younger looking boy and an older looking boy; put them in a room, give them songs that were written in 5 minutes, show them some dance steps, and there u go, go on world tour with them. That's the new way of making a band.

-=Die Alive=-

Oh god not another one of those. Thank god Who wants to be a millionare is done (i hope). It was okay to watch until someone got the million but afterwards it got pointless and pissed me off. I hated hearing "Is that your final answer"

But im glad its all over. Do you guys think it was rigged right from the start?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 06 2002,02:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, did you guys hear that CBS want to take some red neck hick family and send them to some mansion in Hollywood and film it?  It would be like a real life Beverly Hillbillies or something.  I think these networks are running out of ideas for sitcoms, and now they're fun out of ideas for reality tv.<span id='postcolor'>

sounds like a 'the Osbournes' ripoff.

CBS actually started recent waves of 'reality tv' with the Survivor. anybody watch that anymore? I find this phenomenon just predicted from 'The Truman Show.'

But if i remember correctly, 'reality show' of recents were present from 60's or 70's with 'candid camera' concept. the revisal of that was in the early 90's. Also, ABC's 'The Funniest videos' had such element, and that was all topped by a show from FOX. it was 'COPs'.

Come to think of it Fox should've sold the idea of american idol to MTV that way we could have more time to watch the simpsons and other GOOD stuff.

personally, i'm more disenchanted with how the Simpson's is going. i miss the good old moral/sociological jokes. now it's just wise-ass cracking jokes that has no depth into it.

but one thing i can quote:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

phone system: Please speak the name of your share

Homer: Animatronics

phone system: Animatronics, up 1/8

Homer: ya-hoo!

phone system: Yahoo, up 1 and 1/16

Homer: what kind of crap is that?

phone system: FOX networks, down 2 and 1/2

<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. oh yea.

@FOX: BRING BACK FAMILY GUY!!!!

What do you guys think? Should they bring family guy back?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 05 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if i remember correctly, 'reality show' of recents were present from 60's or 70's with 'candid camera' concept. the revisal of that was in the early 90's. Also, ABC's 'The Funniest videos' had such element, and that was all topped by a show from FOX. it was 'COPs'.<span id='postcolor'>

COPs and other shows like it, (Troma: Life in the ER to name one) are done with professionals who know what they're doing (well, maybe not some of the cops tounge.gif ) but those are more open to whatever happens, the show isn't guided in any way. In cops, the guy just drives around with the cops until something happens, no matter what, and he's there to film it. In Troma, a film crew is in the ER waiting for someone to come in with a gun shot wound or a missing leg and that's what's put on the TV. These other shows, the makers of it pretty much guide what happens on it, such in Survivor, where they vote each other off.

Its funny how almost all these shows got some kind of voting that takes place in it. It's like to make the show more interesting, they want people to back stab and bitch about each other, then vote the person off who you hate the most.

Who here watches Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood? Don't those shows make you sick?

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Sep. 05 2002,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. oh yea.

@FOX: BRING BACK FAMILY GUY!!!!

What do you guys think? Should they bring family guy back?<span id='postcolor'>

Fucking A they should!!!

-=Die Alive=-

It got sometimes sick at parts but it was pretty funny most of the time.

OK, Family Guy had some really edgy parts, more so than any FOX show would ever show. There's even one episode that FOX wouldn't air, and for a network with such low standards as FOX, that's says alot. The episode in question had the Peter and the son converting to Judism, and all the Jewish jokes in that ep made the network heads can that episode. But luckly, that episode has surfaced on the internet and u can DL and watch it uncut. Really good show.

-=Die Alive=-

The Simpsons is leaving??? wooohooo

Don't get me wrong, its a great show, but they ran out of material back in '99.

All the best episodes were released between 92-98.