Sign in to follow this  
BeastlyFX

ARMA 3 Time? Server Time?

Is there a way to sync server time with a certain time zone in real life? It would be nice to have the server follow the in real life day/night cycles and I cannot seem to find a command/script snippet for it. Anyone willing to point me into the right direction/help me out?

JayArma2Lib (or maybe JayArma3Lib now) can do that, but it doesn't work (lol). Otherwise I haven't seen another extension to do it, but it would need to be a dll extension for it to work.

It seems that just about everything is broken lately...this isn't good at all for me because 90% of my projects have been stopped due to broken things.

JayArma2Lib was made for A2 and its development stopped long before A3 was released

https://github.com/Llano/AWS

One of the values in the returning array is the current date, though it's only for Altis/Stratis and it takes a little more time to set up :)

Edited by Llano

Is there a way to sync server time with a certain time zone in real life? It would be nice to have the server follow the in real life day/night cycles and I cannot seem to find a command/script snippet for it. Anyone willing to point me into the right direction/help me out?

There's a function in ALiVE coming that will allow you to do this. It will be part of the data component we ship with our RC2.