Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Co-op Campaign

There was talk before OFP was released about a co-operative campaign coming out as free addon/patch.

I figured out that BIS is not going to make one, but I'd like to know is there tehnically any possibility to make such campaign as 3rd party addon?

A magnificent co-op campaign in the style of Hidden & Dangerous would really be something spectacular!

I think there's a patch where you can play the campaign itself as MP. Haven't tested it tho.

-Rekrul

Rekru, you must mean the separate campaign missions made playable in MP. That's not what I mean. I'd like to see linked missions & cutscenes forming a long MP campaign. Individual missions don't bring you this experience.

This game loses a great deal in the area of depth because of the lack of multiplayer campaign. Gets pretty boring/lame doing the same missions over and over again ad infinitum. I cant stand Capture the flag especially for a sim thats got potential like this one. Leave that one to the Quakes and SOFs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from TheSilkMan on 10:13 am on Dec. 31, 2001

This game loses a great deal in the area of depth because of the lack of multiplayer campaign.  Gets pretty boring/lame doing the same missions over and over again ad infinitum.  I cant stand Capture the flag especially for a sim thats got potential like this one. Leave that one to the Quakes and SOFs.<span id='postcolor'>

The entire Flashpoint 1985 campaign was converted to MP, and is available from Axleonline:

<a href="http://www.axleonline.com/missions/pbos.zip

The" target="_blank">http://www.axleonline.com/missions/pbos.zip

The</a> link doesn't seem to work right now, but the file should still be on the site.

d*amn IT mr. Frag!

Thats exactly that was NOT meant on the topic - everybody knows those ripped campaign missions that work badly & have bugs on coop multiplay. They're separate missions, I mean whole entire campaign with missions continuing one after another!

I'd love to see a linked campaign, but there are several important issues that need to be resolved, and I don't know what the solutions are.

For example, should you be allowed to play a game in the campaing if one of the players/characters is unavailable?

And when do you advance in a mission, only when everyone survives, or even if at least one person survives and the objective(s) are achieved? If it is the later, what happens to the other players in the campaign?