Sign in to follow this  
tierprot

Vehicles animation

Hi there guys. Im trying to port some cars for A2 into A3 (im newbie). So ive got couple of questions about animation of driver and passengers. First one - is there some way to correct A3 default animations so they could fit my car. If not - how do one setup IK for driver hands, im a bit cofused with http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Cars_Config_Guidelines explanation (especially with this part: "Each vehicle pose using IK should have leftHandIKCurve[] and rightHandIKCurve[] set to 1" , where are those parameters?) so if anyone would expand it - ill be very happy.

Hello:

A little bit confused about making the default animations "fit" your vehicle.

Usually just moving the proxies up

and down should correct that. For IK, I usually just use the default driver off-road proxy and shift it until it contacts the wheel.

Richards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer, the thing is - driwing wheel is too large for standart driver animation, also legs position is kinda wrong, so im curios can this be corrected or i need to create custom animations. I got a bad feeling that it cant be corrected, so question about IK arises again since i need to somehow said to animation to include the hands.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer, the thing is - driwing wheel is too large for standart driver animation, also legs position is kinda wrong, so im curios can this be corrected or i need to create custom animations. I got a bad feeling that it cant be corrected, so question about IK arises again since i need to somehow said to animation to include the hands.

Sorry to dig this up, but I am encountering the same problem with my vehicle, an SUV. If I move the proxy down to make contact with the drivewheel, then the character is sunk into the seat and feet hanging below floorboard. Using the Offroad animations is best for the seating position, but my vehicle just has a smaller steering wheel (drivewheel). In fact, the hands are the same distance from the wheel at all angles of its turn. Is there a scale or radius setting in the config files - something to fine-tune the hand positions?

I imagine this would be a more wide-spread problem, since it's not real IK working here, according to BIS. If there's no parameter section for changing precise hand placement, that means for every different seat position/wheel size combination there would have to be a separate animation. Since we have to specify the ground wheel radius in config, then it stands to reason that this should be definable, too.