Sign in to follow this  
Flens

Task modules broken in multiplayer, best workaround/alternative?

;2600194'] For example' date=' a trigger won't spawn 10 vehicles when the init only calls for 1 to spawn, when there are 10 people on the server.

[/quote']

Man I don't know what version you got but the the opposite happens to me, everytime I've used createvehicle in a trigger I always have to wrap it in a if (isServer) statement otherwise it'll spawn for each and every client + the server

Man I don't know what version you got but the the opposite happens to me, everytime I've used createvehicle in a trigger I always have to wrap it in a if (isServer) statement otherwise it'll spawn for each and every client + the server

Really? Well in that case, disregard what I said :P I'll have to take a look at that again. Or maybe createVehicle was just a bad example. Sorry!

If this truly is the case, OP should try wrapping the execution in isServer if he's still insisting on using SHK.

FHQ TaskTracker does support full JIP now, including disabled units joining in progress

I'm biased- but this does really work a treat as expected!

But triggers do work on each client, locally, don't they? Only, if ran nearly simultaneously on everyone, as it usually is, it gives the illusion that it's global.

Yeah triggers are created and fired locally. Usually the condition returns true for everyone simultaneously in typical usage, creating the global illusion.

;2600194']I believe triggers are only server side' date=' but have global effects. IE, when a trigger set to Once fires, it doesn't fire as an independent event on all clients, it fires once for the server and is then broadcasted. For example, a trigger won't spawn 10 vehicles when the init only calls for 1 to spawn, when there are 10 people on the server.

Again though, don't have to deal with sync with the method I posted. :D All stock too.[/quote']

Editor-placed triggers are present on all machines and will trigger independently. They will independently evaluate and may or may not trigger on all or some machines. For example, a "BLUFOR" / "detected by OPFOR" will trigger wherever a blufor guy was detected by opfor, which might be very different on a per-machine basis.

Setting a global variable to true to trigger a trigger will cause the even to run on all clients. If all of these clients subsequently cause the server to perform an action, the action will be multiplied by the number of clients.

EDIT: Somebody already wrote that LOL, should read everything before hitting reply :)

Editor-placed triggers are present on all machines and will trigger independently. They will independently evaluate and may or may not trigger on all or some machines. For example, a "BLUFOR" / "detected by OPFOR" will trigger wherever a blufor guy was detected by opfor, which might be very different on a per-machine basis.

Setting a global variable to true to trigger a trigger will cause the even to run on all clients. If all of these clients subsequently cause the server to perform an action, the action will be multiplied by the number of clients.

EDIT: Somebody already wrote that LOL, should read everything before hitting reply :)

Long story short, triggers are meant to set variables/other conditions on activation, not necessarily execute scripts meant for the server. Good to know. I guess I've just never run into that issue, or never noticed it. Thanks for the info! Sorry for the thread hijack, though we are explaining the solution :P