Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Raven shild realism update: o m fg!

This is a direct quote on how the new heart beat sensor will work:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The release of Raven Shield will see a dramatic change in the way that players will see the data gathered by the Heartbeat sensor. Previously where data has been displayed on the map allowing the player to see the location of enemies or hostages, the new HBS (Heart Beat Sensor) will provide "more realisic" (my quote not Ubi's) data to the player

The HBS device will change from the hand held scanner device to a visual device similar to a set of goggles, requiring the player too "look" through it and around their environment acquiring data. The visual representation of a Heart Beat will comprise of a pulsating circle. At the E3 show an in game demonstration of this, showed the player using the HBS much the same as a set of binoculars, and looking at the other members of his team seeing the pulsating circles eminating from their chests.

When the HBS is used through a wall all the player will see is the pulsating Circles, and the direction from the player. No distance, or readily visible indication of good guy/bad guy/hostages, so it should be a little more intense entering a room. During the demo, the demonstator did say that it was possible to "deduce" who the bad guys and the hostages were, but his reasoning behind this could bring additional problems for players who don't know the location of the other team members.

Bascially, if there are two heartbeats in a room, and one is slightly faster than the other then, it is logical to assume, that the faster heartbeat belongs to a person not trained, or comfortable with their situation i.e. a hostage/civilian. This obviously doesn't apply if there is only one heartbeat, and if there are lots, then good luck or patience will be required, and considering that we can assume that the players other team members will be as well trained then their Heart Beats may be harder to distingush from the bad guys.<span id='postcolor'>

Ya get that? The hostages/Civillians will be NOTICEABLY nervous durring the missions. For everyone who wanted more realistic emotions from characters in their war games, there ya go! biggrin.gif

And, for everyone who didnt think Tom Clancy was in on making the games, check this out. This is a direct quote from Brian Upton of RedStorm regarding HBS:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We _thought_ they were real when we were originally designing the game with Tom ... . <span id='postcolor'>

I simply CANNOT wait! Keep it up, Redstorm (The game developer, not the forum spammer!wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes this will be a great game to play when it comes out. Whats the ETA on it? Next year? Or is it unkown?

Aparently Clancy only approved the storyline, he didn't wright it. Which I find strange because it is supposed to have a better story that any of the other R6 titles.

Can't wait to try those new HBS's.

Is there a demo out?

if so where?

if not when?

when is the game release date?

I think it was postponed as it seems like most games are being (what's with this) until Feb 2003 mad.gifsad.gif . I really wish they put 3rd person view in, atleast for single player.

Its official, delayed until Feb 2003 to give them time to 'iron out somebugs and make it better'.

I say 'all the better'. I need time to get my new computer until then anyway. I know if i made my own game, it would go through YEARS of beta testing before it was even considered for release.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eh remraf @ Sep. 05 2002,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MP Demo- ETA December

SP Demo- ETA January

Gold- ETA February<span id='postcolor'>

God, what a way to start the new year! I cant wait!