Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

I'm back!

Yes, I'm back!!! I survived a 15 hr coach ride from Southern Germany to London, which started off with a 30 mins delay, 1 break at Brussels (ie. driving over 6 hours straight) over 20 mins, then from Brussels straight to the Chunnel (another 6 or so hours).

The Chunnel

Upon arrival we were told by a blonde French woman to wait. So we waited for an hour. Then we were allowed to move on. We drove about 300 m, then French Customs wanted to check every single person's luggage confused.gif They made a really funny face when they saw on the monitor that I had my PC in my suitcase biggrin.gif

Anyway, that took 45 mins, then we drove 100m to English customs, where they wanted to see everyone's passport...I was asked for 5 mins what I wanted to do in the UK, how long I was gonna stay for, what I was studying etc. etc. etc. At least it wasn't as bad as the 40 min questioning of that Iraqi family that was with us on the coach.

So we finally get to London 2.5 hrs late...

My coach to Guildford left 30 mins later...so far so good. I fell asleep shortly after it left Victoria Coach Station. I wake up 50 mins later and upon seeing the time I expect to be driving past Woking. Were we? Nope, we were still stuck in London confused.gif

We finally got to Guildford about 25 mins late...GREAT!

Hey, at least I'm still alive and my buttom doesn't hurt half as bad as I thought it would biggrin.gif

On a sidenote, I am disappointed with you children, I asked you to behave and look what happened sad.gif

Once I get internet at home I'm gonna teach you some manners wow.gif

Um, why did you go to London?

Your story looks rather boring to be part of smile.gif

I wouldn't want to do all that smile.gif

So are you still in London now?

If you were in Brussels then you were really close to where i live, about 20 minutes driving with a car and some luck... Someone of my familly lives in Brussels smile.gif

Your last thread got closed because someone spammed it, anyway, good to see that you're back! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 04 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On a sidenote, I am disappointed with you children, I asked you to behave and look what happened sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've been good.

PS379.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 04 2002,22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We did behave. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Strangely enough, you did behave, Duke. I am proud of you wink.gif

Since he travelled via bus/train, I suspect he isnt suffering jet lag. And I think he's studying in the UK, so hes likely staying for awhile before he goes back to Turkey.

biggrin.gif

Couldnt resist. Sorry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Strangely enough, you did behave, Duke. I am proud of you <span id='postcolor'>

WOW!Thanks Warin! I am all warm and funny feeling now! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 05 2002,02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Strangely enough, you did behave, Duke. I am proud of you <span id='postcolor'>

WOW!Thanks Warin! I am all warm and funny feeling now! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Aw, quit suckin' up to the mods, will ya! mad.gif

tounge.gif

Stories? You want stories? This friday I got in the car with my girlfriend for a thirteen hour drive across Sweden to Umea, where she will be attending college. So, its me, her, our car and our dog. The start of the journey is fine, large open roads, high speed, moderate weather. As we get further away from civilisation, the roads get smaller but its till OK. Then, in the middle of friggin nowhere the asphalt is suddenly gone and replaced by sand and pebbles. Some idiot at the road department thought it would be nice to peel of both lanes of asphalt, for about 15 kilometers and so. After that, another 10 kilometers of carved asphalt (procedure done prior to removing it all together I assume, cutting fine line in the asphalt kind of like if you had used a really big and friggin sharp comb). So, eventually we do get there though. Hungry, tired and with a friggin cold (yeah, sitting with the window slightly open so the dog can get fresh air aint the best way to travel, let me tell ya). So, I stay there for one day and then its time to head back home, via train. I get on the train at 2130 together with a group of au pairs and an adhoc assortment of stupid, stupid people. I have a window seat in a group of four, my back in the direction the train is going. So, I am sitting there with my jacket on (since I have a cold) and my nose running, listening to some polish berrypickers behind me discussing where they should go next to make their fortunes in berriers... The train is supposed to arrive at Gothenburg station around 12 the other day, the train I am taking from there leaves 1240. Now, what I didnt know (cause nobody told me) is that this aparantly was a good day to conduct heaps of railwork. So ofcourse, we get delayed. And delayed. And delayed.

All this time, sitting across the aisle, are three bible selling women. Now, I wont get into a religious debate, but those three gals were a couple short of a sixpack. One of them, was learning English and doing her homework on the train. The other, was writing a book about everyday miracles (using her friends as interview victims). The third was just plain odd, talking to her friends when they were asleep and such. Their ideas of everyday miracles were, and I am not lying here:

1. One of them had found a spare fuse in the glovecompartment of her rentalcar when it broke down one winter. And that saved here life. She call it a miracle, I call it common sense. It isnt that unusual that there are sparefuses in a car.

2. The other had forgot her wallet at a McDonalds in Umea (way up north, fairly calm city and not really known for any kind of crime or dishonesty). When she returned to look for it, it was still at her table. Untouched. She was honestly convinced God had made it invisible so noone else could see it... *dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuuuuh*

3. The third thought it was a miracle she remembered she hadnt tied down the family boat properly when a storm hit. She got to it before the storm and fixed the problem, this indeed, was a miracle according to her.

So, four 4-5 hours total I listened to their talk about miracles, bibles and so on. When I wasnt listening to the au-pairs ofcourse. Or the berrie pickers. Or the very odd drunk fellow who was singing tunes now and then.

It turns out, the train would be about one hour late, take or leave a few minutes. I talked to the conductor and he booked a new ticket for me incase we came in later. We did indeed come in at 1247, I missed my train with 7 friggin minutes. So, I have to pick up the new tickets who are for a regular train and not the superhyped and modern X2000 I wanted to take originally. I am now stuck at the station with nothing to do for about two hours until the train leaves, so I buy a book. Some book about the American President visiting Area 8 and a crazed general trying to use his doped up elite unit of airforce soldiers to kill him, with a group of marines saving the day while the secret service dies in very loud and grotesque manners. Extremely entertaining´.

In the end, I got home at around 1800 instead of the planned 1500 hours, meaning I spent 20,5 hours travelling, of which about 18 were on a friggin train.

Conclusion: If you are gonna travel by train, dont. Fly instead.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Sep. 05 2002,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stories? You want stories?<span id='postcolor'>

No.

tounge.gif

"Quote (Longinius @ Sep. 05 2002,13:35)

Stories? You want stories?

No."

Oh, Ok, sorry then.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Sep. 05 2002,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Quote (Longinius @ Sep. 05 2002,13:35)

Stories? You want stories?

No."

Oh, Ok, sorry then.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Put it back! Noticed my smiley?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 04 2002,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 04 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On a sidenote, I am disappointed with you children, I asked you to behave and look what happened sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've been good.

PS379.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm i'm also back.

And i did behave, anyways i have and i still doubt your moderatorship...

Maybe it is because you are new and i haven't seen you do any good work nor have I yet seen bad work.

Welcome back and no i'm angry. wink.gif

Everyday miracles! wink.gif Mmmmmhh could be worth a thread (just to anoy Avon) tounge.gif

reminds me of the day when I was 14, a skater and a show off. I told my friend I would be so cool I could open cars and stuff. He didnt believe me and said: "okay so open that car over there"(how smart this guy was) and so I went up to the next car (a GOLF) and wanted to show as if I try but fail because my tool would have broken. But the naive owner must have left the car open anyway and in front of my friend I magically openend the car. So my friend since then believed I could open cars! tounge.gif

That is also a wannabe miracle! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 05 2002,14:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everyday miracles!  wink.gif Mmmmmhh could be worth a thread (just to anoy Avon)  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Enlighten me. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 05 2002,02:54)

Strangely enough, you did behave, Duke. I am proud of you

WOW!Thanks Warin! I am all warm and funny feeling now!

Aw, quit suckin' up to the mods, will ya!

<span id='postcolor'>

You might need to do this also. tounge.gif Feels like when I had to kiss up to my teacher for calling him peter pan. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 05 2002,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 05 2002,02:54)

Strangely enough, you did behave, Duke. I am proud of you  

WOW!Thanks Warin! I am all warm and funny feeling now!  

Aw, quit suckin' up to the mods, will ya!  

<span id='postcolor'>

You might need to do this also. tounge.gif  Feels like when I had to kiss up to my teacher for calling him peter pan. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

NO! He's your teacher?!?!?!?!?

peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg

wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Sep. 05 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><snip>

So, four 4-5 hours total I listened to their talk about miracles, bibles and so on. When I wasnt listening to the au-pairs ofcourse. Or the berrie pickers. Or the very odd drunk fellow who was singing tunes now and then.

<snip><span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like there was only one smart guy in the train.

At least he knew, that being drunk is the best way to endure girls talk for hours wow.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ Sep. 06 2002,12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Sep. 05 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><snip>

<snip><span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like there was only one smart guy in the train.

At least he knew, that being drunk is the best way to endure girls talk for hours  wow.gif  tounge.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Don't take it personally, Longinius. tounge.gif

Yep! He tought me how to fly and make costumes. biggrin.gif The reason we call my teacher Peter Pan is becuase whn he coahces the basketball team he points his finger like peter pan does.

You have to remember this.

You can fly, all it takes is trsut and a little pixy dust. smile.gif