Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

trouble with supacat 6x6 atv

Hi all I have been working on this supacat for a while but just picked it up again in the last 3 days I have managed to get it in and 90% working on land and in water but I have a few issues I am stuck on and could do with some help please

if you need the mlods pm me and you can take a look at it and see where my errors are. heres a YT of the problems

1 Water line is too low not sure how to fix it I am using just canfloat=1 in the config and waterleakiness=10 I have found no info on buoyancy lod so have not used it.

2 The right side wheel won't turn as the left one does I have named the points in memory lod and have it defined in model config could any one scan it over to check its right please config here http://pastebin.com/dH2H9mJw model here http://pastebin.com/bG556jTZ

3 The supacat sits fine untill I get in then the weight seems to sit on the rear like its carrying a large weight on the back of it not sure whats causing it its only 1000kg plus 60 for the wheels

4 my 1st person view is now below the supacat not sure how I have managed that as it was fine last night.

5 My geolod is not working now from the a2 tools to the a3 oxygen i had two geo lods like was said in the a3 car guide wiki on the old oxygen it worked now in the new oxygen with proper phys lod no weight in this one, it does not stop me walking through it. cheers if any one can help once I have cracked this I have a panther and Macs mastiff to finish off for A3 if any one is good at texturing pm me aswell if you could help out .

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

I noticed your model.cfg in named model.cpp on pastebin is that just a typo? Your model.cfg also has some settings that I'm sure belong in the config.cpp.

canFloat = 1
WaterLeakiness = 10;
simulation = "carx";

And your skeletonBones[] I think they are supposed to be paired on the same line like this. (from the sample car model.cfg)

skeletonBones[]=
	{
		"drivewheel","",

"wheel_1_1_damper_land","",
		"wheel_1_2_damper_land","",
		"wheel_1_3_damper_land","",
		"wheel_1_4_damper_land","",

"wheel_2_1_damper_land","",
		"wheel_2_2_damper_land","",
		"wheel_2_3_damper_land","",
		"wheel_2_4_damper_land","",

"wheel_1_1_damper","wheel_1_1_damper_land",
		"wheel_1_2_damper","wheel_1_2_damper_land",
		"wheel_1_3_damper","wheel_1_3_damper_land",
		"wheel_1_4_damper","wheel_1_4_damper_land",

"wheel_2_1_damper","wheel_2_1_damper_land",
		"wheel_2_2_damper","wheel_2_2_damper_land",
		"wheel_2_3_damper","wheel_2_3_damper_land",
		"wheel_2_4_damper","wheel_2_4_damper_land",

"wheel_1_1_steering","wheel_1_1_damper",
		"wheel_1_2_steering","wheel_1_2_damper",
		"wheel_1_3_steering","wheel_1_3_damper",
		"wheel_1_4_steering","wheel_1_4_damper",

"wheel_2_1_steering","wheel_2_1_damper",
		"wheel_2_2_steering","wheel_2_2_damper",
		"wheel_2_3_steering","wheel_2_3_damper",
		"wheel_2_4_steering","wheel_2_4_damper",

"wheel_1_1","wheel_1_1_steering",
		"wheel_1_2","wheel_1_2_steering",
		"wheel_1_3","wheel_1_3_steering",
		"wheel_1_4","wheel_1_4_steering",

"wheel_2_1","wheel_2_1_steering",
		"wheel_2_2","wheel_2_2_steering",
		"wheel_2_3","wheel_2_3_steering",
		"wheel_2_4","wheel_2_4_steering",

"wheel_1_1_unhide","wheel_1_1",
		"wheel_1_2_unhide","wheel_1_2",
		"wheel_1_3_unhide","wheel_1_3",
		"wheel_1_4_unhide","wheel_1_4",

"wheel_2_1_unhide","wheel_2_1",
		"wheel_2_2_unhide","wheel_2_2",
		"wheel_2_3_unhide","wheel_2_3",
		"wheel_2_4_unhide","wheel_2_4",

"wheel_1_1_hide","wheel_1_1",
		"wheel_1_2_hide","wheel_1_2",
		"wheel_1_3_hide","wheel_1_3",
		"wheel_1_4_hide","wheel_1_4",

"wheel_2_1_hide","wheel_2_1",
		"wheel_2_2_hide","wheel_2_2",
		"wheel_2_3_hide","wheel_2_3",
		"wheel_2_4_hide","wheel_2_4",

"OtocVez","",
		"OtocHlaven","OtocVez",

"damageHide","",
		"damageVez","OtocVez",
		"damageHlaven","OtocHlaven",

"ukaz_rychlo","",
		"ukaz_rychlo2","",
		"ukaz_rpm","",
		"mph","",
		"rpm","",
		"fuel","",
		"fuel_1","",
		"fuel_01","",
		"fuel_2","",
		"fuel_3","",
		"prop_01","",
		"prop_02","",
		"prop_2","",
		"prop_1","",
		"glass1","damageHide",
		"glass2","damageHide",
		"glass3","damageHide",
		"glass4","damageHide",
	};

1 Water line is too low not sure how to fix it I am using just canfloat=1 in the config and waterleakiness=10 I have found no info on buoyancy lod so have not used it.

Try to balance weight or tune up the buoyancy lod. It has to have one convex component, which will be use for calculating "buoyancy force"

3 The supacat sits fine untill I get in then the weight seems to sit on the rear like its carrying a large weight on the back of it not sure whats causing it its only 1000kg plus 60 for the wheels

Check the points and their weights. You can increasing or decreasing it to achieve that centre of gravity will be in the middle or anywhere you want. (This influences buoyancy)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/129498485/Arma/geometry.jpg (143 kB)

5 My geolod is not working now from the a2 tools to the a3 oxygen i had two geo lods like was said in the a3 car guide wiki on the old oxygen it worked now in the new oxygen with proper phys lod no weight in this one, it does not stop me walking through it. cheers if any one can help once I have cracked this I have a panther and Macs mastiff to finish off for A3 if any one is good at texturing pm me aswell if you could help out .

Geometry is used for collisions with players, so there have to be convex components, they have to be correctly named and have some mass.

Geometry Phys is used for physx collisions and mass is taken from Geometry.

@surpher I have looked through a lot of configs for a2 sample models and it seems different people use differing ways for the wheel names some go with the way i have and some with the way you have shown so not sure I think as long as all names correspond in the config its all good cheers for taking the time to help out

@Redstone cheers for your help and the image makes sense now hopefully can get this sorted now next question redstone do you know what is happening with towable vehicles as need to get this working

as a towable vehicle. Edited by SmokeDog3PARA