Hi there!

Game settings:

• UEC Islands = 0%
  • APA Islands = 100%
  • Enemy Strength = 50%
  • Startup Ressources = 50%
  • Islands Output Rate = 50%
  • Initial Technology = 1

I've just tried several times to start this game. I managed to capture a view islands, after which the enemy carrier attacked one of mine.

Now, I succeeded in getting him to flee (and destroying his Uber-Mantas), but now I have no "weak/strong" island to conquer anymore... there are only "very strong" ones and the enemy does not only have way more and stronger units, he also has like the best tech!

He is flying around with strong-armored mantas equipped with plasma or laser guns and some missiles!? WTF? I've practically no tech on my own and have to defeat him with just machine guns? That would even work, wouldn't it be for this stupid missiles... and flares it seems do NOTHING (which I already have) :-(

Anyway, if I set the "Enemy Strength" in the starting options to "Weak", does that mean the enemy stays weak for the whole game? I wouldn't want that, I just need him to be a little more manageable at first (having more or less the same equipment, and not machine guns vs. missiles)

Thanks,

dlder

It sounds like you are talking about island units which I don't think are affected by tech level, which only affects the carrier units.

Have you been around the whole map and seen that there are no islands below "very strong" rating? The ratings are also increased by being connected to a defence island, so if you can take one of these out, it will weaken other islands. If you can just destroy a command centre without taking on the defences, then go to another island and come back, the island will not have any defences and you can take it with a capsule. Styx is probably the easiest island to do this on as the command centre is on the coast and you can destroy it with the carrier guns without taking units in.

Flares do work but really you also need to be flying away from the incoming missile. Just sitting still and expecting the flares to work will not be successful.

Apart from this, you may just be asking for trouble with those starting settings which are always going to be tough, as the enemy has nothing to do except attack you.

Hi,

for Reasons unknown to me i may not post new threads. So ill post it here.

Im currently playin the Strategy Game and destroyed the enemy Carrier 3 or 4 Times. Victory Conditions are set to destroy enemy carrier, not conquer all islands.

So my Question is: How many "lives" does the enemy carrier have, its getting boring to sink him :confused:.

PS: Difficulty is set to medium, Starting Tech medium - actually i took the default setup.

Edit: And i dont know what exactly "enemy strength" in the setup affects - not sure if this is the correct term as i am using the german version.

Edited by BarbaPapa

Nothing to do with this thread but for the life of me I can't figure out how to start a new thread. How do I start a new thread?

Nothing to do with this thread but for the life of me I can't figure out how to start a new thread. How do I start a new thread?

You have to participate in some discussions before you can start threads of your own.

You have to participate in some discussions before you can start threads of your own.

Thank you for your reply.

Well that's annoying. Someone has to basically spam the forum till he/she can ask one question? I just wanted to ask where to download the 1.07 patch for the retail edition since the link is dead. I only have Carrier Command from Bohemia Interactive* so the only forum I have any interest in is Carrier Command, but since I am not going to play any till I install the patches....how could I participate in the forum about this game? lol

I think I might gonna go back to the original Carrier Command and forget about this.

EDIT: Technically not correct since I have a couple more, but I don't play them or have any interest in discussing anything about them now.

Thank you.

One last thing, if you could please answer. Do I need to install previous patches or just this one? Also, does it include the removal of the DRM? That's the main reason I got the retail edition. I hate DRM.

Thank you very much. You were very helpful.

BIS if you read this, please release the game also on GOG.

Lastly, Star Trek FTW.

Hopefully this satisfies that requirement. I have a basic, brown-bag inquiry. Being totally new to the game (installed yesterday, registered here today), I"m curios about how one approaches gameplay at first blush. Do you study the various weapons, enhancements, systems, etc. prior to beginning, or do you jump right into the fray (a deft disoriented one-legged blind man)? There is so much to take it, which never ceases to amaze me each time I come across a You-Tuber whose appears to have mastered the steps. But feel me, I"m totally flipped with the game. I look forward to spending ages with with it's apparently limitless potential. Just from the beginning, looking upward, like the hick viewing a skyscraper until falls backwards, I was wondering what was your approach when you first started playing? Did you study tutorials, walkthrus, reviews, etc., or did you just brave the heat of battle, learning on the job?