Sign in to follow this  
Rammer

End Mission/Debriefing Help for a newby

Created my first MP mission after a great deal of learning from help here at Armaholic and BI forums. I am having an issue with my debriefing/End of Mission. I am running the mission on a gameservers server.

Once the last task is complete I set a trigger, End1...works fine, once trigger is activated it displays Mission Complete for a few seconds then kicks everyone back to the start screen.

So, I decided I wanted to add a little extra at the end screen...add a pic, display credits etc...

I added to the discription.ext the following:

class CfgDebriefing

{

class End1

{

title = "Mission Completed";

subtitle = "";

description = "Job well done fellas, wait for helo extraction and head back to base for some well earned R & R.";

pictureBackground = "";

picture = "SA.jpg";

pictureColor[] = {0.0,0.3,0.6,1};

};

};

Then in the trigger init field I put:

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

The trigger is set to activate on Blufor Present Once.

The trigger is selected as End1 (there is no other "end")

Once I start the mission, select player and enter the game, the ending pop's up with what I added along with Mission Complete, then after a few seconds, back to the select player screen.

I assume I have messed up the trigger or the description.ext but can't seem to find a topic/tutoral on how to do this correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[sA]Rammer

For A2/CO one defines the debriefing in the briefing.html file rather than the description.ext file. For example, the file reproduced below contains the debriefing for three different endings. As the Debriefing:End1 is always picked by default when people enter the Endmission cheat I reserve it for a taunt or admonishment against cheating rather than making it the successful ending.

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<title>Debriefing</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<! -----DEBRIEFING----->

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End1">You are a cheater</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Cheating is bad.

</p>

<br>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End2">Mission Accomplished</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

The enemy commanders have been eliminated.

</p>

<br>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End3">Mission Failed</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Bravo team has been wiped out.

</p>

<br>

</body>

</html>

Regards,

Sander

As the Debriefing:End1 is always picked by default when people enter the Endmission cheat I reserve it for a taunt or admonishment against cheating rather than making it the successful ending.

Great idea thanks!