Sign in to follow this  
Booky

Red hammer stuck/lock-up

In Red Hammer I completed the missions that you have to kill the 4 Shilka's and then you get the cutscene's where the su25's blow up the ship and then the US kills a bunch of people and the 3rd cutscene shows you running away from your truck as tanks tear it up.

Well after that third cutscene when it is black screen with On the road to Muldon, or something like that, it stays there. It will not finish loading into the briefing. I tried replaying the mission and it didnt fix it. Alt-Tab doesn't work and CNTL-Alt-Del doesnt either so I have to hit reset. This is the first time this has happened and it seems to only be with this mission. Any Ideas other than restarting whole camp? If it comes to that I guess I could do that but just wanted to know if anyone had this before and how they fix it.

I am using 1.75.

Thanks in advance.

I just ran into this last night, (and it's Vulcans BTW, not shilkas).

Anyone have any help for us?

just hold left shift and minus on numpad far right type campaign then just go to the next mission and hit revert,then itll start from the next mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ Sep. 02 2002,11:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Red Hammer I completed the missions that you have to kill the 4 Shilka's and then you get the cutscene's where the su25's blow up the ship and then the US kills a bunch of people and the 3rd cutscene shows you running away from your truck as tanks tear it up.

Well after that third cutscene when it is black screen with On the road to Muldon, or something like that, it stays there. It will not finish loading into the briefing. I tried replaying the mission and it didnt fix it. Alt-Tab doesn't work and CNTL-Alt-Del doesnt either so I have to hit reset. This is the first time this has happened and it seems to only be with this mission. Any Ideas other than restarting whole camp? If it comes to that I guess I could do that but just wanted to know if anyone had this before and how they fix it.

I am using 1.75.

Thanks in advance.<span id='postcolor'>

That is a bug in OFP 1.75 which BIS knows about and will be fixed in a patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Sep. 03 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is a bug in OFP 1.75 which BIS knows about and will be fixed in a patch.<span id='postcolor'>

Is it documented in another post more thoroughly? Gotta link?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 03 2002,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Sep. 03 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is a bug in OFP 1.75 which BIS knows about and will be fixed in a patch.<span id='postcolor'>

Is it documented in another post more thoroughly? Gotta link?<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I can't remember what the thread was called but I remember specifically that Marek (or was it Ondrej) that replied in the middle of it confirming it was a bug in OFP 1.75 that made OFP wait for some non-existent data that the campaign was supposed to send to the engine.

I found the original thread and it was Ondrej who replied and confiremed the bug.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does it occur in one particular mission (which one?) or several?<span id='postcolor'>

It occurs on just that particular mission (when the campaign is supposed to load mission 7).

I thought you already had this covered in your wondefull faq, lady tounge.gif (you did participate in discussing the issue)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Sep. 03 2002,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought you already had this covered in your wondefull faq, lady  tounge.gif  (you did participate in discussing the issue)<span id='postcolor'>

/digs up original yet true excuse

By the time Suma replied, I was hardly on the forum, getting ready to travel.

So... when are we seeing this match-awaited patch? (v1.76?)

I really loved that mission in Red Hammer, don't tell me to downgrade the game just to have it though...

There's no use asking for when the patch will arrive (BIS don't know when).

You can still play that mission. Just use your olf OFP-cd and start the game with the old exe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Sep. 05 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can still play that mission. Just use your olf OFP-cd and start the game with the old exe<span id='postcolor'>

If you played a campaign in OFPR, you cannot revert back to 1.46 and play it there with the same campaign SQC file.

oh.

I was'nt aware of that. thanks for the intel, ofpmommy smile.gif

-maybe an item to add to your faq.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Sep. 05 2002,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-maybe an item to add to your faq.<span id='postcolor'>

Ho hum!

Search The FAQ for "resistance revert" and click on the 2nd matching item.