BennetArms

Detection if a Static weapon got assembled or disassembled?

Hi again =)

Today I had the idea of putting more random tasks into the world of ArmA :D

Im trying to detect via Trigger, if a static weapon is assembled or disassembled. The background of this idea is, that an engineer group is building up an outpost.

I tried to give the static weapon names in the editor, but they seem to loose them, when they get disassembled. That happens vice versa, when i try to name to backpacks for the static weapon.

Can anyone provide me some Intel on how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Happy new Year =)

EDIT: I found the solution for the assembly part. I dont need to rename everything and it works in the editor, also!

Place a static at starting spot and group it with the trigger, where it has to be assembled. Set the trigger to "vehicle".

Disassemble the static weapon and get the two backpacks into the trigger area, assemble it there. Trigger fired off, finally! :D

Edited by BennetArms
One part solved

Trying to do something similar, team starts with backpacks for a mortar and must assemble it in a specific location. Its not possible to give the mortar a specific name or group it to the trigger as it doesnt exist up until the point it is assembled in-game, and so far in the trigger condition "I_Mortar_01_f" in thislist does not trigger anything.

Appreciate any help you guys can give!

Not so well versed in the scripting to be honest, id have to look up and learn how event handlers work. was hoping for something a bit simpler.

Thanks for your response though!