Sign in to follow this  
BobMalarkey

British Infantry WW2

A while ago I downloaded Invasion 1944 for the original Arma, as Arma 2 doesn't run at all well on my laptop. Whilst I enjoy it, there is a marked lack of any British units.

I agreed I would make some missions for a friend for the mod to play online, and he asked if a force of British soldiers could be playable in one of the missions. Suddenly I found myself at a loss: there's a full set of British guns in the mod and a Firefly, but no actual unit.

Now, I've racked the internet looking for some: the only ones I've found are Vilas' paratroopers, and while acceptable and OK to fall-back on, I was wondering if anybody else had any infantry to use. Note I would only need a single unit, just one, to use in the mission. It can be of any quality or, even, historical accuracy... they are generally going to be seen from a distance anyway.

I saw a screenshot of some units by canus lupus (ttp://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1746/uk1mi1.jpg) which would, although they're wearing some sort of smock and not actual battledress, be ideal..

Yours,

Bob Malarkey

Can I echo this? Really need some Tommies! Arma 2 doesn't work on my laptop so I can't play the larger Invasion 1944 for that. Armed Assault is my only option and, for a mission where you have to link up with some British troops that I was planning, I don't have any... does anyone have any?

Can I echo this? Really need some Tommies! Arma 2 doesn't work on my laptop so I can't play the larger Invasion 1944 for that. Armed Assault is my only option and, for a mission where you have to link up with some British troops that I was planning, I don't have any... does anyone have any?

With the movement from Arma2 to Arma3 I doubt anything more will ever be made for Arma.

Shame though, Armed Assault was a good game.

Then again, I'm still really a fan of OFP, and Invasion 1944 for OFP was mostly British.

I mean, Arma 2 and Arma 3 are waaaay beyond my laptop's reach and Armed Assault isn't all that good either, so I suppose I'm stuck with OFP.

That reminds me to redownload Liberation 41 for OFP, because although there were no British, that was damn good.