600x.resizedimage

Name: CO08 Saboteur

Needed Content: ArmA III

Island: Stratis

Daytime: Night with full moon

Type: Coop

Playerside: West

Respawn: no respawn

A eight man SpecOp Team is on the mission to sabotage enemy attack helo’s. Infiltrate the camp, blow the helo’s up and exfiltrate to the rendevouz point.

v1.0:

• Release

DOWNLOAD:

[v1.0] Moerderhoschi's Website

[v1.0] Directlink

Looking forward to playing it! Any special reason why the AI is disabled? It doesn't allow JIP this way...

as far as i know with respawn group/side in description.ext, how it is set in this mission, jip should work with unused player slots. give it a try.

Explanation from Varanon:

It depends on the mission's respawn type. If the respawn type is BASE, then you can join in a disabled AI and they will spawn at the base marker I don't think it works with any other respawn type, though.

Also, your missions respawn type is set to GROUP. That only works if the AI is NOT disabled. Therefor, I recommend leaving the GROUP type respawn, and enabling the AI.

It depends on the mission's respawn type. If the respawn type is BASE, then you can join in a disabled AI and they will spawn at the base marker I don't think it works with any other respawn type, though.

variable with all respect it's ok that Varanon think that it don't work and it's also ok you trust his words to one hundert percent but i have to tell you that i know that it works. belive me or not. try it or not. that's all i can say.

with all respect

regards

moerderhoschi

Just tested it. You are right! JIP is possible with AI disabled. I suppose you use some special setting? Most of the missions we tried with disabled AI we tried did not allow JIPping... Maybe it's a new feature of Arma 3?

However, the JIPPED player spawns at the insertion point. If AI is enabled, it will allow him to JIP and immediately be with the team.

Just tested it. You are right! JIP is possible with AI disabled. I suppose you use some special setting? Most of the missions we tried with disabled AI we tried did not allow JIPping... Maybe it's a new feature of Arma 3?

However, the JIPPED player spawns at the insertion point. If AI is enabled, it will allow him to JIP and immediately be with the team.

I just tried it under Arma 2 with my old mission "Airport Security" which had disableAI=true, and there any JIP player joins as a bird. Also, the BIKI says

[TABLE=class: wikitable sortable]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]When 1, removes all playable units which do not have a human player. When 0, a logging out player will have AI take control of his character. Default value is 0. (MP) disabledAI = 1;

Disabling all the AI units will prevent JIP into playable units.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So I guess this behavior is introduced with Arma 3?

i use group/side respawn in description.ext with disableai=1 since years, also in my ArmA2OA missions. jip always worked with it.

i use group/side respawn in description.ext with disableai=1 since years, also in my ArmA2OA missions. jip always worked with it.

No idea what I am doing wrong then, because it doesn't work for me. I don't have a "respawnDelay", but it shouldn't be required, should it?

Anyway, I don't want to pollute your release thread, so apologies. Looking forward to trying your mission, only started it once on our server and I liked the breath-clouds :)

Great mission! Really enjoyable and challenging. Great OFP scent to it, too.

Looking forward to more missions from you.

Damn this mission is hard! :)

I really want to try to complete it without having to kill everybody in the base. I don't mind suffering losses to accomplish that heheh...

This is one of the best Arma 3 missions I played.

Agreed, damnable APC got me three times in a row while trying to be sneaky on the patrol on the road.. Love the amosphere.

Damn this mission is hard! :)

I really want to try to complete it without having to kill everybody in the base. I don't mind suffering losses to accomplish that heheh...

Agreed, damnable APC got me three times in a row while trying to be sneaky on the patrol on the road.. Love the amosphere.

thank you guys for your feedback :)

a small hint, it's possible to blow up the helo's without a shot.

regards

moerderhoschi

We [CiA] managed to complete this one the other night-only got one of the helo's though , but nice mission thanks :cool:

We [CiA] managed to complete this one the other night-only got one of the helo's though , but nice mission thanks :cool:

With only ck alive to tell the tale! We must try again... Such a great mission.

nice to hear that you guys of CiA have so much fun with the mission, i appreciate your feedback :)