Sign in to follow this  
Mr Z

Administrator privligues

Well I tried what was suggested in the other topics about making sure I am the owner of the Operaton Flashpoint Folder, well I am and always have been the owner as I installed in my name! I made sure I had full control!

well I still get this stupid error:

Please Logon with Administrator priviligues and try again!

PLEASE DO NOT SAY I HAVE TO REINSTALL WINDOWS XP sad.gif

I am very rusty in Windows security but, when does this occur? Installation or running the game?

Most likely what's happening is you do not have access to the specified windows temp folder (if you really have ownership to OFP folder). Safedisk will create a binary file in your temporary windows folder upon launching.

How many user accounts are there on that machine?

there are 3 accounts

2 are administrators ( I am one of them)

1 is Limited (my sister do not want her screwing up the computer smile.gif )

checked the windows temp folder, I am owner of the main one and my own temp folder!

(i also changed the shortcut so if you execute it it asks you which user? (but that just kept bringing up the error cannot create file if file already exsists) so I reset it to normal!

At the moment I don't know what the problem is. When did it start, what was changed since it worked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 03 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Log in as the other Admin..  tounge.gif

At the moment I don't know what the problem is.  When did it start, what was changed since it worked.<span id='postcolor'>

I tried the other admin

well Operation Flashpoint shortcuts/executables work fine!

and the Resistance Shortcuts/executables do not! ( i get the privligues rubbish)

OKay 2 things... I assume you are using NTFS, when you click on a folders properties you can click on Permissions button?

Manually examine every folder in and including OFP/Res (meaning check permissions)

When you get a permissions error does it specify file or folder? If not get yourself a file monitor... run the software as you launch OFPR and check which file or folder last gets Access Denied.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 03 2002,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OKay 2 things... I assume you are using NTFS, when you click on a folders properties you can click on Permissions button?

Manually examine every folder in and including OFP/Res  (meaning check permissions)

When you get a permissions error does it specify file or folder?  If not get yourself a file monitor... run the software as you launch OFPR and check which file or folder last gets Access Denied.<span id='postcolor'>

well I tried all of that, but nope sad.gif (it took a while, but I gave my self full control and Ownership to my main HD (including all folders\subfolders\files) so I am stuck sad.gif

(no files mentioned, just says please logon with Adminstrator privligues and try again)

where can I get a file monitor?

well none of those programs brought anything up sad.gif all files where a success.

there has got tobe a simple explaination somewhere

Run CHKDSK and let it verify the Security Descriptors. You will have to restart your system, since you cannot perform this check without an exclusive lock on the volume, and unless you installed OFP on a volume other than the boot volume, the check can only be performed at startup.

If that doesn't solve the problem, grant yourself the necessary privileges. Click on the folder that contains OFP, bring up the Properties, then click Security. Under "Group or User Names", make sure the user as whom you normally log in has full rights to the OFP folder. Then click on Advanced and make sure that the selections are applied to child objects (folders and files).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 03 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Run CHKDSK and let it verify the Security Descriptors. You will have to restart your system, since you cannot perform this check without an exclusive lock on the volume, and unless you installed OFP on a volume other than the boot volume, the check can only be performed at startup.

If that doesn't solve the problem, grant yourself the necessary privileges. Click on the folder that contains OFP, bring up the Properties, then click Security. Under "Group or User Names", make sure the user as whom you normally log in has full rights to the OFP folder. Then click on Advanced and make sure that the selections are applied to child objects (folders and files).<span id='postcolor'>

well I did that and rechecked it all today sad.gif

but still no luck!

why did they have to create a new executeable anyway? (couldn't have just upgraded the old one?)

(well I am currently making a mission on malden using OPf 1.46 so I will look into the resistance thing when I need to play the new campaign!wink.gif

It's a separate executable so that you can continue to play the old version with people who don't have Resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 03 2002,23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's a separate executable so that you can continue to play the old version with people who don't have Resistance.<span id='postcolor'>

oh ok then smile.gif

well I ahve been in touch with codemasters support, they ain't figured it out yet either smile.gif

@Mr Z

Since you've changed every *folder/file permission* that is, up until now, and did not come through with success, your last choice lays in the registry entries, where you can assign permissions as well.

I've just checked mine and low and behold, there are limited rights set for various users onto different game(s) entries.

(All installed as an user with admin rights)

So, open regedit, search for every 'Flashpoint' entry there is

and check permissions. Set 'full access' to any user for this

registry branch(es;..there may be multiple-change all) and

finally, Resistance *should* work.. smile.gif

Why this *error* occured in the first place, I cant tell you;..

*maybe* you have installed Resistance, while loged in as

an user without administrator rights..BUT installed the game using the 'install as different user' function (which then failed

to assign the correct rights)

Let us know, please. Good luck!

ok Trying that when I disconnect let you know how it goes after I try playing!

I got my fingers crossed!

well the regedit thing did not work,

but the other users started reporting errors when they tried running other programs (not the privligues error though)

so Decided I had to take the plunge and do a clean reinstall of XP!

well guess what Operation flashpoint to 1.46 (plus server 1.6) have installed and run successfully.

RESISTANCE NOW RUNS WITH NO PROBLEMS AS WELL biggrin.gif

So thanks for your help guys!

it turned out that part of my windows installation was corrupt (of course XP had not informed me)

Hi,

I have the same problem, just bought a brandnew Dell laptop, and installed OFP and Resistance what Santa brought me.

Strange, I have this same problem as you had. But I dont wanna reinstall XP. Everything else works normally.

AAARRGGHHH

Johan

Damn.. I gave up and reinstalled XP.. and OFP:res.. all works again now.. pffww

Now a big job of installing all the other programs..

mad.gif

Johan

I had this same issue myself, using win2k Pro and SP2

Everything was working fine, then I upgraded from 1.75 to 1.90. I installed the upgrade as a 'user' rather than Administrator. I received the above error message. It is not a NTFS issue, as my copy of flashpoint is installed to a FAT32 partition, that is a different partition on a different drive to the boot partition/drive. The upgrade was the only change made, is the first change to the OS OR OFP:R since resistance was installed.

Power down the system and tried the game again tonight, and all is fine, as the normal user.