Sign in to follow this  
ddcp

Respawn = Instant; Not working?

Hey there!

Trying to create the simple instant respawn but it seems to be not working on a few missions. Here's what I have:

respawn= "INSTANT";

respawndelay= 10;

respawndialog= false;

The odd thing is, one mission makes the respawn act like "GROUP" where I'll respawn into the next available living squad member. When I copied/pasted this into a new mission, the respawn didn't work at all.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks much in advance!

DDCP

Are you doing this on singleplayer missions? As far as I'm aware, respawns (at least, the ones where you actually reappear) only work in multiplayer missions.

Are you doing this on singleplayer missions? As far as I'm aware, respawns (at least, the ones where you actually reappear) only work in multiplayer missions.

@Fight9, @ProfCupcake,

So sorry for the late reply (Holidays) ... thanks so much for responding to my question!

This is for multiplayer, and the squad is "Playable". I've setup before the "respawn_west" markers for the "BASE" respawn mode, and that works fine. I'm trying to get the "INSTANT" to work properly, but it seems to either not work or act as a "GROUP" respawn. Just wondering if it's not working at the moment or something is off.

Preferably I'd love to setup my sandbox missions to where players can respawn next to another player ala' the "Escape Altis/Stratis" missions. If anyone could help me with that I'd be eternally grateful!

Many, many thanks as always,

DDCP

What I found necessary is to add that 'script' to the Description.ext file, then go in the editor and open your mission and save it again (it seems if you don't save it it won't pick up changes from the description file??), and THEN save it as a multiplayer mission (export to multiplayer). Then it should work.

if you made any change on description or init , then you must reload your mission to see the changes..... only restart does nothing...

What I found necessary is to add that 'script' to the Description.ext file, then go in the editor and open your mission and save it again (it seems if you don't save it it won't pick up changes from the description file??), and THEN save it as a multiplayer mission (export to multiplayer). Then it should work.

Aha, this did it!!!

Thanks gentlemen! I'm all set!

Cheers,

DDCP