Sign in to follow this  
HJohnson

A2 SCAR Port

Small update, I had assumed there was a "reloadmagazine2" source or that you are able to define your own animation sources when animating weapons. I was wrong. I did get the GL animation in after running into an issue getting it in game. Now I need to fine tune it so his wrist does not break mid animation.

I dont know whats ur problem is, it looks very tactical :D

I'm about two seconds from releasing an alpha of this. Some animations need some tweaking and and I need to make a replacement file for the MX.

I'm currently trying to find out why the gun's sights become blue and fuzzy when viewed through a scope, but that seems to be a thing that happens to all mod weapons as RH weapons do it as well.

et8N6Jb.png

I'm about two seconds from releasing an alpha of this. Some animations need some tweaking and and I need to make a replacement file for the MX.

I'm currently trying to find out why the gun's sights become blue and fuzzy when viewed through a scope, but that seems to be a thing that happens to all mod weapons as RH weapons do it as well.

http://i.imgur.com/et8N6Jb.png

Wait so does this only replace the MX or add the scar to the game without replacing anything, because i hope it doesnt replace anything.

ps its been 2 seconds :)

Edited by Rages123

Wait so does this only replace the MX or add the scar to the game without replacing anything, because i hope it doesnt replace anything.

ps its been 2 seconds :)

The replacement gonna be optional, you can install it or don't, as i've understood... it (the replacement) isn't ready yet; so it would be "just" the stand alone weapons pack.

The replacement gonna be optional, you can install it or don't, as i've understood... it (the replacement) isn't ready yet; so it would be "just" the stand alone weapons pack.

Okay thank you.

I need beta testers to catch anything the alpha testers missed. Texture errors, item placement errors, naming errors, etc.

LINK

Compatible Attachments = All vanilla optics and side items, but "muzzle_snds_M" for the silencer.

Classlist

srifle_mk16_cqc_f

srifle_mk16_f

sirfle_mk16_lsw_F

srifle_mk17_mark_f

srifle_mk17_f

srifle_mk16_eglm_f

srifle_mk16_cqc_black_f

srifle_mk16_black_f

sirfle_mk16_lsw_black_f

srifle_mk17_mark_black_f

srifle_mk17_black_f

srifle_mk16_eglm_black_f

BIS_Ammobox (General name as I will be porting more weapons later)

30Rnd_762x51_Mag

45Rnd_762x51_Mag

30Rnd_762x51_Tracer_Red

30Rnd_762x51_Tracer_Green

45Rnd_762x51_Tracer_Red

45Rnd_762x51_Tracer_Green

30Rnd_556x45_M855

45Rnd_556x45_M855

30Rnd_556x45_M855_Red

30Rnd_556x45_M855_Green

45Rnd_556x45_M855_Red

45Rnd_556x45_M855_Green

i will test this today right after the work :)

thanks for you work! :)

will report soon!

My winrar crashes when I try to extract the file. Could you re upload the pbo's?

My winrar crashes when I try to extract the file. Could you re upload the pbo's?

Uploading a mirror now.

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Alright, here is a second link.

I have found a handful of issues. I am running this alongside CBA-A3

The reloading animation is a little stiff, with the character sticking his elbows out rather far (Minor aesthetical issue, though.)

nqu4KM3l.jpg

Crosshair is enormous on black ELGM Rifle.

OrcKzWcl.jpg

EGLM material is mega-glossy and shiny

7913sOhl.jpg

Woodland EGLM is invisible

That's what I found.

Edit: May this be because I downloaded the original file? My unpacker did not give me errors when downloading from the google site, so I didn't think anything was wrong with the files. The game is also not giving me errors on the front end.

Crosshair is enormous on black ELGM Rifle.

I know what caused that. For whatever reason I could not get my own animations to work on the BI made UGL/EGLM so I had to make my own, which it kept giving me an error that it couldn't find the GL cursor. So I put in another cursor instead. Seems its too big.

EGLM material is mega-glossy and shiny

Quick fix

Woodland EGLM is invisible

Technically I wasn't planning on people using the dual tone and "forest" camo weapons until I found a way to make them look good. However, I've believe that is the hidden textures not properly switching for the EGLM. I see why it is invisible. I haven't made camo's for the EGLM outside of black. Initial release it set to be for the Black and Tan variants.

What about the zeroing of the grenade launcher's sights? I know how to use them in game, but I had great difficulty setting them up even after looking into examples in other files. Are they doing what they should?

Edited by HJohnson

What about the zeroing of the grenade launcher's sights? I know how to use them in game, but I had great difficulty setting them up even after looking into examples in other files. Are they doing what they should?

Unfortunately, no. I think the front sight post is missing, and the camera should "rotate" around the tip of that sight post, and place the relevant range cross-bar on the level of the sight post. RH's M4s have M203s with a mechanical GL sight that works like this, maybe he can help you with setting it up properly?

Also, for the animation (at the risk of being obnoxious) there is this guy who has done some tutorials, 3DSMAX based though:

His stuff is pretty high quality, so maybe some of the knowledge he presents there can be used to build reloading anims for Arma 3 too? I know hand-craft an animation is hellishly difficult to get to look alive, I did it in Uni and I failed at it. Making the anims more fluid would be the icing on the cake for these guns. I also noticed a tiny animation problem with the trigger hand:

2tMEwsol.jpg

Hand is too low on the pistol grip (the V inbetween thumb and index finger should rest inside the cusp at the top of the grip), so the trigger finger clips through the trigger guard.

BVKeEJ0l.jpg

Trigger finger with weapon lowered looks half-bent.

These two are aesthetical issues, though, and the vanilla gun in Arma 2 had the hand too low on the grip too. The only thing that's weird is the weird half cocked finger when at ease.

Thanks for your efforts, liking this a lot so far!

Iam currently testing, can confirm all the named errors above me. Plus at the SCAR without foregrip the weaponholdinganimations looks strange.

q3i2p9bv.jpg

And iam missing the yellow scar typical magazins!!!

But this pack is really nice! the Black and Woodlandversions looks really nice.

Best SCAR Pack at the moment! :-)

keep it up!

Ironically, I did look into RHM4's files to see how he set up the memory points. Technically they are set up the same way in these models (if you catch my drift), but something still feels off. I didn't use the original EGLM leaf because I have no idea how that works. The M203 is the one I have been "trained" with.

I'll see what I can do with the hands, is it on the AFG version or the others? I had issues where the finger would clip through the model when shooting so I tried to bend it somewhat, I can try to straighten it and just deal with the clipping.

As for Imbrokeru, I've been working on

after studying some of his videos and asking around. But it will take some practice.

Thanks for the bugtesting!

Working on the AFG/other handanims now.

Edited by HJohnson
update

Ironically, I did look into RHM4's files to see how he set up the memory points. Technically they are set up the same way in these models (if you catch my drift), but something still feels off. I didn't use the original EGLM leaf because I have no idea how that works. The M203 is the one I have been "trained" with.

I'll see what I can do with the hands, is it on the AFG version or the others? I had issues where the finger would clip through the model when shooting so I tried to bend it somewhat, I can try to straighten it and just deal with the clipping.

As for Imbrokeru, I've been working on

after studying some of his videos and asking around. But it will take some practice.

Thanks for the bugtesting!

Working on the AFG/other handanims now.

The hand problem is on all Mk16 guns in the basic variant.

i found a new errormessage:

Errormessage on the MK16 Mod 0 TAN Picture \a3\weapons_f\data\ui\m_45stanag_ca.paa not found at selecting the gun.

MK17 no full Auto mode?

Edited by Clawhammer

Unfortunately, no. I think the front sight post is missing, and the camera should "rotate" around the tip of that sight post, and place the relevant range cross-bar on the level of the sight post. RH's M4s have M203s with a mechanical GL sight that works like this, maybe he can help you with setting it up properly?

Also, for the animation (at the risk of being obnoxious) there is this guy who has done some tutorials, 3DSMAX based though:

His stuff is pretty high quality, so maybe some of the knowledge he presents there can be used to build reloading anims for Arma 3 too? I know hand-craft an animation is hellishly difficult to get to look alive, I did it in Uni and I failed at it. Making the anims more fluid would be the icing on the cake for these guns. I also noticed a tiny animation problem with the trigger hand:

http://i.imgur.com/2tMEwsol.jpg

Hand is too low on the pistol grip (the V inbetween thumb and index finger should rest inside the cusp at the top of the grip), so the trigger finger clips through the trigger guard.

http://i.imgur.com/BVKeEJ0l.jpg

Trigger finger with weapon lowered looks half-bent.

These two are aesthetical issues, though, and the vanilla gun in Arma 2 had the hand too low on the grip too. The only thing that's weird is the weird half cocked finger when at ease.

Thanks for your efforts, liking this a lot so far!

The finger is half crossed when lowered to show that he can't accidently fire by pulling the trigger accidnetly so it is half cocked as that is the correct trigger safety handling that should be used.

Errormessage on the MK16 Mod 0 TAN Picture \a3\weapons_f\data\ui\m_45stanag_ca.paa not found at selecting the gun.

MK17 no full Auto mode?

Oh hey, good catch. I had defined new mags, but I bet they don't have ui pictures.

MK17 Marksman doesn't, but the Mk17 with the grip should have it. I want to eventually replace the Mk17 marksman with an SSR.

Also, how is this for the AFG handanims?

Looking awesome.Thanks for recording tutorials as well.

Great work. can you please make the sounds compatible with jsrs (sound will change when you are shoot inside a building)?

I wasn't aware that JSRS was open source and or had Scar H sounds in A3.

Also, just as an update. I'm back at college and I'm trying to finish this up.

I have a couple animations left to fix for the hand positions, and some texture problems and I hope to get this DONE soon.

Any chance for Black Versions / Wood Camo / different camos and shemes of it?

Any chance for Black Versions / Wood Camo / different camos and shemes of it?

Allready in ;-)

I wasn't aware that JSRS was open source and or had Scar H sounds in A3.

Also, just as an update. I'm back at college and I'm trying to finish this up.

I have a couple animations left to fix for the hand positions, and some texture problems and I hope to get this DONE soon.

Sounds great, can not wait for the final product :) Thanks for your work!

If i can assist with further betatesting let me know!

Allready in ;-)

I might have missed that part, hehe. Really looking forward to it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?hq04cwsctdyiwl5

Second try

Beta time

I think I fixed what was wrong the first time. Added in a normal GL scope.

Issues I currently know about:

EGLM material's/textures wonky and don't change when going to black.

Sound aren't synced

"On the ground" models do not reflect the current texture for some reason.

But I'm sure there are other things wrong.