Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Help With This Script Please

I copied this script from Chris' tutorials where a helo spawns - drops troops off. Before I edited it for my requirements I thought I'd better just make sure it works as written in its original form. However, I can't even get the helo to spawn. Can anyone see anything obvious in this script? I've tested 2 other similar scripts which work, is just seems to be this particular one that doesn't work. I've checked for typos but can't see anything :/

_crew1 = [];
_airframe1 = [];
_mygroup = [];

if (isServer) then {

_crew1 = creategroup WEST; 
_airframe1 = [getMarkerPos "marker1", 140, "B_Heli_Transport_01_F", _crew1] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;

_wp1 = _crew1 addWaypoint [(getmarkerpos "marker2"), 0];
_wp1 setWaypointType "TR UNLOAD";
_wp1 setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";
_wp1 setwaypointstatements ["this land 'land'"];

_wp2 = _crew1 addWaypoint [(getmarkerpos "marker3"), 0];
_wp2 setWaypointType "MOVE";
_wp2 setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";

_wp3 = _crew1 addWaypoint [(getmarkerpos "marker1"), 0];
_wp3 setWaypointType "CYCLE";
_wp3 setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";

_mygroup = [getmarkerpos "marker1", WEST, ["B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_so***ldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F"],[],[],[],[***],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
_wp1a = _mygroup addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "marker3", 0];

sleep .5;
_mygroup = _mygroup;
{ _x assignAsCargo (_airframe1 select 0); _x moveIncargo (_airframe1 select 0);} foreach units _mygroup;
}; 

Cheers

Ian

get rid of the if isserver start and end

Thanks it's now working, or at least spawning and cycling the waypoints. But why did I have to remove it? A similar script worked with the "if isserver" present?

Is it really working with this line , what are the *** for?

_mygroup = [getmarkerpos "marker1", WEST, ["B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_so***ldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F"],[],[],[],[***],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

replaced with the following line and it woks for me

_mygroup=[getmarkerpos "marker1", WEST, ["B_soldier_AR_F", "B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F"],[],[],[],[]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

in the last B_soldier_AR_F I'm getting a space between B_soldier_A and R_F when I post in the forum it shouldn't be there.

Edited by F2k Sel

Is it really working with this line , what are the *** for?

replaced with the following line and it woks for me

_mygroup=[getmarkerpos "marker1", WEST, ["B_soldier_AR_F", "B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_AR_F"],[],[],[],[]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Ahh... Chris warned people of this. It's a bug that's caused by copying/pasting from Youtube. Although he reported Youtube adding a hyphen. I just recopied and pasted and this time it adden the hyphen i.e. "[-]". Good spotting ;)