Sign in to follow this  
shinkicker

Example Vehicle Models please?

So are BI going to provide any sample models of air, ship, wheeled examples with an MLOD, config.cpp / model.cfg examples?

I don't even care if the models are made up from simple primitives, so no copyright concerns are raised. The parts I think we are all more interested in are the correct named selections, lods etc that are required and how that maps to a config / model file.

Kind of getting cheesed off with struggling with trial and error the whole time. I am sure some could be knocked up in a few hours by someone at BIS, but it would help us modders out a ton. Looking at the ship and vehicle release sections on armaholic for A3 are near on empty, no surprise really.

Pretty please BI? Help us out here..there is this big competition now, yet most of us are still poking around in the dark!

physx lods...

Don't quite understand...Do you mean you would like more details on the physx lod or that is all I need to know?

sorry for being elliptic. there are certain things I don't understand when it comes to inheriting from physx enabled air classes. A working example including the physx lod would be nice, especially when it comes to plane and helicopter classes.

Edited by PuFu

There's an example of a wheeled vehicle already in the Arma 3 tools directory, with a very nice set of commented configs.

Boat and air examples would be useful though.

Model.cfg setup isn't really any different to how it was in Arma 2. You can call most named selections whatever the hell you want so long as you're consistent with using that same name (including case sensitivity) wherever you need it in the model.cfg or config.cpp

There's an example of a wheeled vehicle already in the Arma 3 tools directory, with a very nice set of commented configs.

Boat and air examples would be useful though.

Model.cfg setup isn't really any different to how it was in Arma 2. You can call most named selections whatever the hell you want so long as you're consistent with using that same name (including case sensitivity) wherever you need it in the model.cfg or config.cpp

I honestly did not know those were there, but still looks like ship and air are not covered.

I am struggling with ships a lot at the moment. So a ship example would be really helpful.

Edited by shinkicker