Sign in to follow this  
hridaysabz

Help with Artillery Script

Hey guys! Back.

I'm writing my first script(apart from the ones I get all over the internet)

and it's something like this:

hazler doArtilleryFire [[getMarkerPos "_targets"], "_roundtype", _chances]
?!Alive hazler : exit

Variables:

_roundtype = [32Rnd_155mm_Mo_shells, 6Rnd_155mm_Mo_smoke, 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_guided, 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_LG, 6Rnd_155mm_Mo_mine, 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_Cluster, 6Rnd_155mm_Mo_AT_mine] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_targets = [getmarkerpos "hit1", getmarkerpos "hit2", getmarkerpos "hit3", getmarkerpos "hit4", getmarkerpos "hit5", getmarkerpos "hit6"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_chances = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Now what i'm looking for is a simple line that will repeat this script until my Varsuk(hazler) is not alive.

I've tried repeating it through a trigger but since units walk through it and are meant to pass to the other side, this doesn't work. Any ideas?

Edited by Hridaysabz

hi, what you need is a while/do loop:

while {alive hazler} do {
   hazler doArtilleryFire [[getMarkerPos "_targets"], "_roundtype", _chances];

sleep 60; // wait for 60 seconds
};

also, you can use the random function, especally for your chance variable:

_chances = random 10;

Edited by Zigomarvin

Thanks a bunch, but I don't really know why the Varsuk doesn't fire, would you happen to know?

did you checked the target position ? here's the doArtilleryFire description : Orders a unit to reload defined magazine commence fire burst on the given position (silently). Maybe there is no fire animation

I have the markers set, but the Varsuk doesn't fire. I put this in another world and still no luck.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Can somebody Help me with this problem? It's just basic code but it's frustrating from activating.

the T100 Varsuk is a MBT, not mobil artillery, Opfor arty is 2S9 Sochor. Also, be sure the target position is far enough. for me it works.

i've noticed a mistake in the script i gave you, in your original script, your chance var is between 1 and 10 round.

// return between 0 and 10
_chances = random 10;

// return between 1 and 10
_chances = 1 + (random 9);

I don't know, how whole script looks together (it is important to see that too), but from I can see:

1. Very first code looks wrong: looks like SQS syntax used, while SQF should be.

2. If _targets is random position from array: [getmarkerpos "hit1", getmarkerpos "hit2", getmarkerpos "hit3", getmarkerpos "hit4", getmarkerpos "hit5", getmarkerpos "hit6"], then instead of [getMarkerPos "_targets"] should be just _targets.

3. If _roundtype is random magazine name chosen from: [32Rnd_155mm_Mo_shells, 6Rnd_155mm_Mo_smoke, 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_guided, 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_LG, 6Rnd_155mm_Mo_mine, 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_Cluster, 6Rnd_155mm_Mo_AT_mine] then instead: "_roundtype" should be: _roundtype, but see p. 5.

_chances = random 10; 

is not valid, as this must be non-negative integer (unless doArtilleryFire command handles fractional numbers), instead may be:

_chances = ceil (random 10); 

(integers from 1 to 10)

5. _roundtype array is wrong, each magazine name should be between "" (string).

^ noticed what Ryd said so was re-writing it:

//null = [hazler] execVM "arty2.sqf";

_arty = _this select 0; 

_roundType = ["32Rnd_155mm_Mo_shells","2Rnd_155mm_Mo_guided","2Rnd_155mm_Mo_guided","6Rnd_155mm_Mo_mine","2Rnd_155mm_Mo_Cluster","6Rnd_155mm_Mo_smoke","2Rnd_155mm_Mo_LG","6Rnd_155mm_Mo_AT_mine"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_target = ["hit1","hit2","hit3","hit4","hit5","hit6"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_rnds = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _roundType >> "count");
_chances = ceil(random _rnds);

hint str _roundtype + str _target + str _chances;

while {alive _arty} do {
_tgtPos = getMarkerPos _target;
_arty commandArtilleryFire [_tgtPos, _roundtype, _chances];
_t = _arty getArtilleryETA [_tgtPos,_roundtype];
sleep _t;
_arty addMagazine [_roundtype, 1];
};  

Note - the vehicle has limited ammo eg only x4 "2Rnd_155mm_Mo_guided" - so will stop firing after 4 shots with that ammo type, so I added a reload. It will also pause to reload as the magazine only has 2 rounds. In effect you are asking it to fire more rounds than are in the magazine. So also got the magazine contents and used that for _chances.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

the T100 Varsuk is a MBT, not mobil artillery, Opfor arty is 2S9 Sochor. Also, be sure the target position is far enough. for me it works.

i've noticed a mistake in the script i gave you, in your original script, your chance var is between 1 and 10 round.

// return between 0 and 10
_chances = random 10;

// return between 1 and 10
_chances = 1 + (random 9);

Damn, my bad. Sorry.

I'm going to try this out when i get home, couple o' hours. Will let you guys know, thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

Seems to be working fine with Ryd and Mattari's code. Thank you, everyone.

Until I see you again!

P.S: I'll see you in 2 hours again when i'm completely stumped and need to come running back to the forums.

Edited by Hridaysabz
No idea.