Sign in to follow this  
wulfgardodin

Editing Weapons Pool in Resistance and Cold War Crisis etc Red Hammer (Gothy Edition)

Hallo there

I know it's an very old Theme, but I've some very hard Problems on editing.

I an new in such things, so be not angry on me ^^

Ok: I've the Game OFP Gothy Edition also Cold War Crisis, Resistance and Red Hammer Version 1.96 (latest)

I've understand to create Maps also to insert new Units and Addons.

In resitance, you kann take new Weapons in the nex Mission tey you've collect in the Mission before.

They ar add in the "Weappons Pool"

So I changed all Misions in the Singelplayer Campange. But that is hard to equip each Unit.

So I tought it is better to do this: Create an Addon Ammo and Weapon Crate (At Time the BW Mod)

In the mission I emtyed their an put it in the truck.

But that need a very long time.

So in the Walkthrought is explain I must editing the "description.ext" under class Weapon.

But that is the Problem!!!

Nothing in this File List the Weapons.

I unpack the Campagne Resitance.pbo

In The Main Folder exist a deskription.ext an in each mission Folder in The Main Mission Folder exist this file.

Al I found are the entries for the units, vehicles and waypoints triggers etc.

And for the weapons nothing. All I can found is: add WeaponPool; =true

But where is this pool?

It is create temp?

For help I am very happy

Edited by wulfgardodin

The Weapon Pool is stored on your hard-disk along with your campaign progress. Scripts are used at the end of missions to collect up your unit's weapons; and at the start to redistribute them.

The script that is automatically run before the briefing screen is init.sqs and this is where you should use commands like addWeaponPool.

For instance the init.sqs for 11CounterAttack.Noe has this at the end:

AddMagazinePool ["RPGLauncher", 6];
AddWeaponPool ["RPGLauncher", 1];

Of course, I read this (link).

But how I can edit this.

Example: I have in collect in the Mission Ammo Low, 12 G22 with 30 Magazines, and 12 G36 with 10 Magazines.

In the next Mission they are aviable from the Pool.

I look for a option to editing the amount / quantity. So I do not must collect new, I can at Start (collect) each one of all aviable weapons from the LSR and BW mod.

Open the mission in the Editor. Insert of each Unit a deat person with full amonition. After that I pack the complete mission back to resittance.PBO and replace the original in the res campaine Folder . Start the mission and collect the weapons with the Magazines and put them of the Amunition truck.

After the Mission all of the collectet things are aviable in my pool in the next mission. That is possible and I testet it.

But how I can edit the Quantity. I have no plesure to insert und collect 200 of each unit.

It must give still a chance to manage this.

Only in 2 files in the mission folders are I can see the weapons. In The Mission (name) Main folder. First file is xxx.paa and second is vssver.scc

But they are in Hex Code. Only names of units and weapons also magazines are visible as normal latin letters. The rest are in Hex code.

Programs like Game Wizard do not funktion :(

What tool are you using to unpack the campaign pbo?

It is not strictly necessary to repack the campaign as a pbo in order to play it (as long as you move the original .pbo somewhere out of the way, or rename it as a back-up).

Only in 2 files in the mission folders are I can see the weapons. In The Mission (name) Main folder. First file is xxx.paa and second is vssver.scc

But they are in Hex Code. Only names of units and weapons also magazines are visible as normal latin letters. The rest are in Hex code.

Programs like Game Wizard do not funktion

Like rage says you need a proper de-pbo tool. Also all BIS missions have been rappified so you need to un-rap the mission.sqm files before you can view or edit them.

You can find Mikero's files here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files (Eliteness is a great mutlipurpose tool that includes unrap.)

Also you can find Pbo-X, PBO Decrypter, MakePBO and other tools here: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=utilities