Sign in to follow this  
leftskidlow2

O2 Skewed model import from blender

I'm fairly new to 3d modeling, blender, and O2 so this is probably my fault. I'm using the blender arma tools to export a p3d and 02 completely skews the model. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and hopefully someone who has run into this issue before can save me:

edit: Seems to have something to do with duplicating or mirroring. I've been working on the model with just half and was planning to mirror everything when I'm done. If I export the half to p3d, it imports mostly ok in O2.

ssKdjar.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ssKdjar.jpg

GkDLY3z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GkDLY3z.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by LeftSkidLow2

select the model in object mode

press ctrl-a

apply scale, rotation and transformation

export.

edit: and make sure you are in frame 0 or one, blender bugged out when i tried to apply while being in another renderframe.

I never had any problems. Though I export a .fbx from blender then import it into oxygen.

I never had any problems. Though I export a .fbx from blender then import it into oxygen.

You haven't really started either...

select the model in object mode

press ctrl-a

apply scale, rotation and transformation

export.

edit: and make sure you are in frame 0 or one, blender bugged out when i tried to apply while being in another renderframe.

That did it, thanks so much. Now I just have to figure out why my normals are all screwed up on the duplicated half, should be easy enough to fix though.

That did it, thanks so much. Now I just have to figure out why my normals are all screwed up on the duplicated half, should be easy enough to fix though.

to recalculate notmals, just apply the the mirror modifier, go in edit mode, select the whole model and press ctrl+n to recalculate them to the outside.

ctrl+shit+n recalculates them to the inside (not that what you want right now ;) )

when there are errors (like some normals are calculated wrong) your model has still some holes in it.

use simply Alwarrens export script for blender [http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154289-Arma-Toolbox-for-Blender-Arma-2-3-exporter-script]

you can model completly in Blender and then simply export it from .blend to .p3d

i guess that is what he is doing :)

Edited by TheSystem

*smash head*

true scratch my post.....

and its true that you need to apply/delete modfiers

Edited by SaltatorMortis

Thanks anyway Saltator, it's always possible someone will stumble upon this thread later that didn't know about the script.

These normals are going to be an absolute nightmare. I'm using ctrl-n but even when I get all the normals corrected before the final "join," blender still decides to flip various objects' normals at the final join. At that point my only option is to go in manually face by face and flip them back...ugh

blender doesn decide. You decide. flipping normals is a result of mirror modifiers, as well as extruding edges around themselves.