Sign in to follow this  
BigBad64

Cockpit audio not playing

Hi all,

I'm new to Take On Helicopters and whilst working my way through the "Career" tasks I note that a lot of the cockpit audio has stopped coming through. The associated text still appears but it is greyed out.

Stuff like the engine start/stop sequence announcements by Tom Larkin, and also the instructions from others about hover height/position eg "Can you hold it steady?" etc which you need to hear to get in the right spot.

I didn't change any audio settings and I've checked that they are still on default.

I did apply the patch? to make the game TOH - "Rearmed", is that something to do with it?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by MadDogX

^^^^

I have the same problem here. I recently bought the game via Steam, I tested the demo before buying it, and the cockpit audio was working fine, but it's not working on the Full Game.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sorry any english mistake. Thanks in advance.

I did apply the patch? to make the game TOH - "Rearmed", is that something to do with it?

Nope, the Rearmed patch doesn't disable audio elements.

Did you adjust the difficulty settings when your problems started taking place?

It is a long shot but maybe that's it.

And maybe try this "patch":

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/303-dj-duo-noisecontrollers-in-take-on-helicopters

It could also help put things in order.

Problem solved.

Well, I tried to disable the TOH - REARMED expansion, and the cockpit sounds worked. Seems like there's a problem with that expansion in particularly.

We can whether choose to play with this expansion or play with cockpit sounds. I rather play with cockpit sounds.

I hope it helps.

Nope, the Rearmed patch doesn't disable audio elements.

Did you adjust the difficulty settings when your problems started taking place?

It is a long shot but maybe that's it.

And maybe try this "patch":

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/303-dj-duo-noisecontrollers-in-take-on-helicopters

It could also help put things in order.

Didn't change the difficulty. Tried the patch but no change. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Problem solved.

Well, I tried to disable the TOH - REARMED expansion, and the cockpit sounds worked. Seems like there's a problem with that expansion in particularly.

We can whether choose to play with this expansion or play with cockpit sounds. I rather play with cockpit sounds.

I hope it helps.

Tried disabling the Rearmed expansion as Rafael did and the cockpit audio spoken by Tom Larkin returns.

I've decided it's no "biggie" to do without it, seems to be mainly just him voicing the start/stop sequences.

Definitely the re-armed expansion making the difference for some reason though.

Cheers. :)