Sign in to follow this  
tierprot

Animation correction

Hi guys i have a next situation: i have a model from A2 which i want to port into A3 environment, model already have all the required selections and weight definitions, however couple of moments were wrong so i fixed them in O2 by new mapping. When i run A3 model itself works correctly, but in dump file during loading it writes that model have a problem - Warning: mod\model.p3d:shadow(1000), vertex: 2366, sum of weights is 71, should be 100. I got lots of such warnings, so mine question is - do O2 have any tool to automatically fix this thing, or is there any procedure of correcting such mistakes? PS: Sorry for my English.

Halp! The gentleman is indeed still trying to sort this, and I have no clue personally. :)

it is an issue with your weighting: what O2 trys to say: WARNING! for vertex number 2366 (i assume one of the shadow LOD) is not correctly weighted. It only have a 71% influence from bones.

All vertices need to be "assigned" (weighted) to a bone. Your particular vertex is weighted for 1 or more bones, but somehow, it total value is not 100, so there is an issue with how the vertex is animated (IE: vertex_no_1234: bone1: 35%, bone2: 55%, bone3: 10% should be correct since the total value is 100)

To fix it, just make sure your weights are all in order.

PuFu, can you pls give a more detailed answer or give a link on a tutorial where somebody check that weights are all in order, cause im really noob and i dont have a clue how this can be done.

Ignore the error , it will not be picked up in game engine , its a catch error for binlog only , bis models have 1000 of these error too like where selection camo and body injury add 100 % weight to a vertices each .

If you wish to fix , find here weight tutorial and paint that vertices 100 % on its named property , you can find this by left cluck its property and then right click and weights but its more likely to cause damage in rtm than fix anything.

Unless you cant binarise it then you will need to correct it

Edited by Sealife