Sign in to follow this  
jmdecc

Scopes vs. Holo Sights

I'm sure BIS intended no scopes to be used with NV and these carelessly slipped in when they implemented the 3d scopes. Not that I like the implementation of 3d scopes, as I think zooming in your peripheral vision is the worst thing you can do, and I'd much rather have either the performance hit of PIP or the ugliness of the old scopes.

The issue is there since July. BIS is aware of it (reviewed status) but has done nothing to assign it to anyone. So they either don't care or it's another nod to arcade crowd.

The issue is there since July. BIS is aware of it (reviewed status) but has done nothing to assign it to anyone. So they either don't care or it's another nod to arcade crowd.

Quite possible. Or maybe they just don't have the time to do it right now and there are more important things to do. Till they do use TMR's scopes which look better anyways in my opinion.

If you play any game mode when respawn isn't just a 5 second delay plus 10 second run back into the fight, you will notice people who know how to play get pretty "scared" (at least in terms of their in-game reactions) when you shoot in their direction, at least if they believe you actually have a chance to hit them. Those who don't get "scared" usually just die pretty quickly, same as in real life.

The lack of effectiveness of suppression you're seeing is caused by any combination of:

- You play in a game mode with very quick respawns.

- You just play against poorly skilled opponents.

- Your suppression is not scary as you make it obvious you have no chance to actually hit the target you are trying to suppress.

The only element more tricky in-game than IRL is the last one, since in-game we all play equally skilled soldiers and thus with experience you can have a good idea whether they do or don't have a chance to hit you, while in real life you never know the actual shooting skill/capability of your enemy. But overall I think suppression is not nearly as ineffective as people make it out to be. It's more that people seem to greatly overestimate the value of suppression in real life. Just because you're making some noise with your weapon doesn't mean I'll be scared to aim and shoot at you.