Sign in to follow this  
jandrews

group unit to deletevehicle or zero presence AI?

Hey all, thought I would ask another question....

is it possible to group some civ's together with: guerrillas = group this; at spawn, THEN with triggered event = (any Opfor unit killed), a blufor team leader spawns with zero presence and guerrillas are then grouped to that team leader and with Init.sqf: EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0]; CIVILIAN setfriend [EAST, 0]; added? the reason being is I want the civ's squad to sabotage an opfor tank depot and once the opfor units are toast, then Opfor fires on them as enemy. But I want this MP mission and if someone gets a "hairy" trigger and takes a guy out before the tanks are done I want opfor to fire on them.

I know its a lot, not sure if possible, also I am looking for a general trigger condition to just include any / all Opfor units, so then any opfor unit killed triggers the event.

Thanks for your efforts

I don't think you can spawn with zero presence later in the game (could be wrong) but you can make it invisible and as soon as AI have been grouped to it delete it.

You should also be able to do it by just having them join a group using creategroup

newgrp = createGroup east;{[_x] join newgrp} foreach units oldgrp

Ok so that would go into trigger Act line, for "oldgrp" I place old groupname correct?

newgroup = createGroup east;{[_x] join newgrp} foreach units "guerrillas".

yes in trigger on act and replace oldgrp with the name of the group that's changing sides. not in quotes though.

Ok, so I placed trigger with "guerrillas1 = createGroup east;{[_x] join newgroup} foreach units guerrillas." in Act line. nothing with that, so I included Init.sqf: EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0]; CIVILIAN setfriend [EAST, 0]; along with trying the 1st option, and opfor shoots at start at civ's due to EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0]; CIVILIAN setfriend [EAST, 0];, so I removed it again, set trigger to that initial Act line again with condition of !alive t1, nothing. Not sure if I am doing this correct.

I also tried another option with (count thislist) > 0; and that didn't work either.

stumped here.

guerrillas1 = createGroup east;{[_x] join newgroup} foreach units guerrillas

the group they're joining needs to be the group your defining using creategroup

guerrillas1 = createGroup east;{[_x] join guerrillas1} foreach units guerrillas;EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0]; CIVILIAN setfriend [EAST, 0];

Edited by F2k Sel