Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Vigilante action

muahahghhhahahahahahaa gooo granny biggrin.gif

i would shoot them myself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh poo <span id='postcolor'>

Clean that up! This is a pointless post. sad.gif

Paratrooper is right. The article says she only did what she did, because she knew that all they would get in court would be a few years in prison and they would be out within ten. In New Zealand, most murder's get 16 years at the most. 20 years these days in unheard of. In some good news, the ring leader of a gang that went on a rapping rampage has been sentenced to 55 years smile.gif But he'll probably get out of it somehow sad.gif WE NEED STRICTER LAWS! Unless we do have laws that harshly punish criminals of crimes like rape, peadiphilia and murder, I will side with people who do what they have to do to make justice be served.

assuming that something as the gun totting granny really happened, she could have told LEO about where she found them and could leave it to hands of law.

but if you ask me, vigilante is only good if there are no more ways to persecute criminals in legal manner.

She could have told the police, the men would have been arrested, and put behind bars for a few years before been released to do the crime again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 28 2002,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vigilante action is as much a symtom of bad law enforcement as crime is.<span id='postcolor'>

No no no. Not bad law enforcement. Bad laws. There is a diffrence.

So you think for a moment that a cop likes it when a suspect walks because some killers civil rights ma not have been completely respected.

I am not saying that the police should be able to do what they want when they want. I am just saying that when they essentially have one hand tied behind their back, that more criminals will get away.

But no matter how bad laws or the enforcement of them are, there is no justification for vigilanteism. None. Ever. When you perform a criminal act, no matter how justified you feel,you ARE a criminal. Period.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 28 2002,06:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">She could have told the police, the men would have been arrested, and put behind bars for a few years before been released to do the crime again.<span id='postcolor'>

should that be true(recurrence of crime) i'm sure ppl would have made law so that such ppl donot get back into society ever again. wink.gif

I agree that vigilante action reflects more the laws than the law enforcement, but all the same it isn't acceptable. It goes against the very priciples of a democratic and fair society. People don't have the right to decide when they are wronged and what vengance they shall eak out for that wrong. That's the whole idea of innocent until proven guilty.. Vigilante action shouldn't be supported and should be punished just like the crime it is. Mob rule is wrong and has to be protected against. At the same times the laws must represent the will of the people. I know here in Canada a lax liberal law environment is poisoning society. Pediphiles are only getting a few years in jail, etc and it is terrible. The courts aren't handing out sentances that are needed.

COLINMAN

The Guardian Angels of New York are a good example of vigilanteism that is used to protect the community rather than take revenge on people who have done someone else wrong. But generally, vigilanteism is a textbook example of the slippery slope. I say better to make sure that the law does its job, so citizens dont have to do it, because when amateurs get into law enforcement, things get personal- and when things get personal, people get dead. Leave it to professionals, and make damn sure the professionals do their jobs right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 28 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and when things get personal, people get dead. Leave it to professionals, and make damn sure the professionals do their jobs right.<span id='postcolor'>

balls get hurt to.

Ugh. That was Bronson's movie, Death Wish, wasn't it. I think that theatergoers applauded him throughout the movie when it opened in NY. The crimewave, as depicted by the movie, was pretty high then.

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 28 2002,15wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='color:red'>YOU GODDAMN SUNOFABITCH, VIGILANTE ACTION IS GOOD!</span><span id='postcolor'>

Mr Bronson sez:"Kiss me, you big vigilante lover, you!" tounge.gif

bronsonkisskiss.jpg