Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

Long Load Up Time....Then Black Screen....CRASH!!!!

Lately, my Dev. Branch version of ArmA 3 has been taking about 5 minutes to load up from the Hard Drive (especially after a reboot or a cold start up). The hard drive light stays on the whole time and the ArmA splash screen (the little one in the middle of the monitor screen) goes white. I can still surf the web or do stuff on the computer while the hard drive is loading up the game. Then, the monitor starts to blink and you can tell it's getting ready to enter into the game......then the computer goes pitch black....and the Whole Computer crashes. I can't use Control + Alt + Delete.... I have to reboot the computer. Very frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on here? I have JSRS Sound mod turned on and it seems to slow down the loading time, but it has never been this bad before.....and now it crashes 3 out of every 4 start ups. Also, this has been happening for the last few weeks..... before that, all was fine.

My computer specs: i5 ivy bridge; Asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard; 8 RAM; GTX 680; Windows 7 Home Edition (64). Any advise would be appreciated.

Try to verify the instalation in Steam, to see if any file is missing. Check if updating Steam fix it ( a similar problem in another thread was solved this way ). If not, try to defrag your hard-disk.

Have you installed any new driver recently?

Can you check to see if there's any sort of antivirus scan being run in the background?

It could also be that bitcoin mining malware using up all of your gpu, slowing everything down.

Also switch off JSRS, just to rule it out.

Hi. Thanks for responding.

I turned off the JSRS and it helped the first couple of reloads. Today, I played some BF4 (forgive me :-)) and then I went back to a man's game (ArmA 3) and it got stuck on the "loading addon" part of the loading process. I have auto defrag....that's not it; I updated the Nvidia drives, that's not it. I'm at a loss. I'll try the malware idea...not sure that will work. I hope I don't have to wax my game and re-install....sigh. Anyway....any other ideas :) ????

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Can you check to see if there's any sort of antivirus scan being run in the background?

It could also be that bitcoin mining malware using up all of your gpu, slowing everything down.

My GPU runs pretty good. I can play BF4 on Ultra and ArmA 3 on Ultra with no problems at (5000 distance). I'll run a virus / malware scan and see what happens. My theory is that either the original game got corrupted or there is an addon really screwing with the loading process.