Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

3D space talking when nearby unit etc..

BIS have implemented a 3D space voice which is rather cool!!! however I have noticed when you are in close proximity to soldier in your squad for example, it still sounds like its said over the radio and cannot hear the lovely new feature.

so if soldier A was next to soldier B, and A said to B to move over there.. it technically should be said over 3D voice not radio.

and if there was a soldier C and he was an X amount of meters away... (lets say far) he would hear the command over radio as he's not in talking distance.

you wouldn't use a walkie talkie if you were in talking distance now would you ;)

I hope I have explained this properly anyway I think everyone can get the gist of things

Yes! I noticed this recently when I had enableRadio false. It's a shame it doesn't work like your saying, where really missing out on something very immersive.

Not sure if you can have your character default false, then filter incoming radio by distance to you, and make true?

Edited by PlacidPaul

Isnt that what ACRE does? Is there a feature like this in vanilla too?

ive asked the leader of JSRS to see if he can do anything, fingers crossed!

well when the soldiers shout "reloading" they say this in 3D space not radio, so why cant close units hear this for commands vice versa.

especially in stealth mode, hearing them whisper!!

at the moment the only way to enjoy this feature Is to be next to someone NOT in your squad. :(

It actually works correctly especially by your 2nd example. You're going to hear stuff over the radio louder in your ear than you are direct. If you are on different channels you'll probably experience what you expect in Vanilla but I haven't tried it. In ACRE you certainly do and that is why most people use ACRE :)

Turn the radio volume slider down.

Don't think this has anything to do with it. That only reduces the in-game AI radio voice stuff not anything that goes over VON. It has its own slider.

I have radio vol down, i can hear the ai 3d voice perfectly it adds to the immersion.

Can anyone confirm this for me? Haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet.

Basically in A2, 3D voice had an issue where it never accounted for differences in height or separation between buildings. Does this still exist in A3?

I.E. If you and a buddy are in the same building but on separate floors, does it still sound like he is talking to you from the same floor?

I.E. If you are in a house and your buddy is outside, does it still sound like there is no difference between both of you being outside?