Sign in to follow this  
vitamin

How to remove texture from p3d model?

Would somebody tell me how to delete a particular texture from p3d model? What kind of program will I need for this?

p.s.

It's only for my personal use, so no worries about addonmaker's permission.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this. I've never tried to remove textures, but maybe something like texview and remap the path to nothing? Next might be ODOL explorer or the P3D utility ( I forget the name). Lastly you could just remove the texture files from the addon. In any case the result would a be pure white section where the texture belong.

It's a small flag sign on car's front bumper. I need that car for Resistance so I would like to remove the flag as it doesn't make much sense in this case. I already checked the textures in this addon and the flag is a separate pac file. So I hope deleting it won't give me that white patch on the car. But I don't know what program I need to use? I tried 'P3dUnwrap' but cannot find an option for deleting textures (and also can't see them in this program).

Change the texture to data\clear_empty.paa - this is transparent and so wouldn't give you the missing texture whiteness.

If the model is in MLOD format use Texture Path Swap. When you open the model, it gives a list of the textures used. Scroll through until you find the relevant texture, double-click on it so that it's entered in the "Find what:" box, then type in the replacement and click replace. Finally save the new model.

If it's ODOL, you can use a text editor that handles hexadecimal - I use NotePad Plus, since it doesn't need to be installed and can run as a stand-alone program. Simply do a find-and-replace as above.

There are other texture swapping utilities that can manage ODOL, but they're not as friendly as TxtPathSwap.

You are a genius rageQuit. I guess I was lucky (p3d in MLOD format) and this TxtPathSwap tool did the trick for me. Thank you very much for your help.