Sign in to follow this  
foxtrot1787

Briefing sqf

Hi

How do i get my tasks to show on the map before a mission starts

once the mission has started they are there. im using scripts for the tasks

You mean show up in the during the briefing?

I don't use the briefing.sqf file but the initBriefing.hpp so I'm not sure this will work.

Use the following code right before the briefing diary entries.

"taskOne" call BIS_fnc_missionTasks;

Replace the bolded word with the name of your task.

Just extecute your briefing.sqf from init.sqf or write your tasks and briefing stuff directly in the init.sqf.

Just extecute your briefing.sqf from init.sqf or write your tasks and briefing stuff directly in the init.sqf.

put my briefing.sqf in the init.sqf and it does the same.

worked in arma 2

The system for tasks changed fairly significantly since Arma 2. I'd recommend first checking out the official functions, which you can view in the Functions Viewer present in the Editor under the Tasks category. They're fully multiplayer compatible now. The ones that will probably concern you the most are:

BIS_fnc_taskCreate - creates the task.

BIS_fnc_taskSetState - sets the task's state.

BIS_fnc_taskSetCurrent - sets the task as the current task.

There are a whole bunch there with various different functionality. Go nuts. :) But if you'd find yourself more confident using methods outside of scripting, I recommend you check out the Task Modules. You just place them in the Editor and, they too, are multiplayer compatible. You can find them in the Intel category under Modules, which you can find on the left bar of the Editor. Place them just like you would a unit. If you click the Show Info button it'll give you information on how to use them, and the fields that aren't self-explanatory will give you some instructions when you highlight them.

Edited by Zipper5

^^^^^

I'm going to have to spend some time on this, re-learning things, but so far, I really like the "Old School" way. It was easier to implement.

The new way looks messy and is not clear. Cannot find examples of how to use it unless I download someone's mission open it up for study purposes.

^^^^^

I'm going to have to spend some time on this, re-learning things, but so far, I really like the "Old School" way. It was easier to implement.

The new way looks messy and is not clear. Cannot find examples of how to use it unless I download someone's mission open it up for study purposes.

How do you figure its harder?

Create a file called missionTasks.sqf

case "taskOne": {
if (_taskState == "") then {
	[
		player,
		_taskID,
		[
			"Move to position one and wait for further instructions.", 
			"Move to position.", 
			"MOVE"
		],
			markerPos "positionOneMrk",
                               TRUE
	] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;
} else {
	if (_this == "Current") then {_taskID call BIS_fnc_taskSetCurrent} else {[_taskID, _this] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState};
};

case "taskTwo": {
if (_taskState == "") then {
	[
		player,
		_taskID,
		[
			"Move to position two and wait for further instructions.", 
			"Move to position.", 
			"MOVE"
		],
			markerPos "positionTwoMrk",
                               true
	] call BIS_fnc_taskCreate;
} else {
	if (_this == "Current") then {_taskID call BIS_fnc_taskSetCurrent} else {[_taskID, _this] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState};
};
};

Inside your init.sqf start the first task.

"taskOne" call BIS_fnc_missionTasks;

After you reach the first position, you start the second task:

["taskOne, "SUCCEEDED"] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;
"taskTwo" call BIS_fnc_missionTasks;

Edited by cobra4v320

The system for tasks changed fairly significantly since Arma 2. I'd recommend first checking out the official functions, which you can view in the Functions Viewer present in the Editor under the Tasks category. They're fully multiplayer compatible now. The ones that will probably concern you the most are:

BIS_fnc_taskCreate - creates the task.

BIS_fnc_taskSetState - sets the task's state.

BIS_fnc_taskSetCurrent - sets the task as the current task.

There are a whole bunch there with various different functionality. Go nuts. :) But if you'd find yourself more confident using methods outside of scripting, I recommend you check out the Task Modules. You just place them in the Editor and, they too, are multiplayer compatible. You can find them in the Intel category under Modules, which you can find on the left bar of the Editor. Place them just like you would a unit. If you click the Show Info button it'll give you information on how to use them, and the fields that aren't self-explanatory will give you some instructions when you highlight them.

Are the modules JIP compatible now?

Id still prefer the scripts i agree they arent a messy and i know where im at.

There is an issue using the script not loading at the start of a mplayer mission showing the tasks before the mission starts but im sure there must be a way.