Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

Group Joiner

Last night I threw together a small UI that allows players to join and/or leave squads. Thought I'd share it. See the small readme for instructions.

>> Download <<

y904.jpg

I realize the image resolution could be better. In any case, there she be.

Edited by Iceman77

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice, thanks for sharing! Does the UI have a next page option for when there are more than four groups?

Dirty Haz

Nice, thanks for sharing! Does the UI have a next page option for when there are more than four groups?

Dirty Haz

It's static for only those four groups atm. I needed something small & easy to use, quickly. There may be future updates to include more or even dynamic groups, and maybe some other misc functionality.

Request for functionality if you do update the project.

Along with dynamic groups.

Could you allow Player Group leader to pass Leadership to another Player member of the group.

Nice script.

A few things:

1. The "Groups" addAction gets very obnoxious unless its priority is set very low. Moving through buildings and opening/closing doors? Nope: Groups. Entering a vehicle? Nope: Groups. I seem to have solved it by setting a low addAction priority to the last two lines of the init.sqf (note the "-98" at the ends):

Player AddEventHandler ["Respawn", {_menu = (_this select 0) addAction ["<t color=""#3399FF"">" +"Groups", "joinerUI\showJoiner.sqf","",-98]}];
_menu = player addAction ["<t color=""#3399FF"">" +"Groups", "joinerUI\showJoiner.sqf","",-98];

2. Looking at a fellow player's dead body causes a 2nd "Groups" addAction to appear. You can test this by Respawning, then looking at your body when you spawn back up.

Thanks for this.

Oops, hadn't even noticed a reply haha. Yeah this was an early project to shake the rust off when I had just came back to the game from a lengthy absence. Feel free to modify it anyway you like.

Can a version be made with a smaller .paa for the background tablet? 342kb just for a bit of pish posh is a bit much.

Sure. Feel free to add a new .paa... I've no time or motivation to do it in any case.