Sign in to follow this  
dha12oks

Server randomly shuts down

Well I am completely baffled, the server keeps.. randomly closing its self, no errors, no nothing it's like someone just went on the server and shut it down, yet they wouldn't of seeing as I am the only one who has access to the server.

Any help is appreciated!

What kind of access do you have to your server? Full desktop? Just FTP and TCAdmin (or some other control software)?

Does it shut down 'consistently' ie: at the same time during mission load, restart, whatever or is it really random?

The server's RPT file is the 1st place to check as well as a file called server_console.log to see if any errors are generated.

As said, there isn't any errors mate.

And it's a desktop access so idk what could be up, I don't know if it's because it times out or something, so far it hasn't shut down since I posted this, But then again that's because I left the remote desktop connection open, the server its self doesn't shutdown, everything I had opened on it last time is still open except for the server.

Really weird though.

i have the same Problem. Server just crash in Windows, while playing or joinen server when empty. by players. Where can i read logs about it? logFile = "server_console.log" just even dont log all the time. where can i read out Client Errors and Server Errors? where about the basig.cfg Errors if i Setup something wrong?

idk what causes the Server crashes.

Any errors will be in server_console.log, net.log, or your RPT file.... depending on the type of error.

So if I'm reading you correctly you login via RDP, startup the server (and the server console window shows on your desktop?) and disconnect the session... leaving it running? I've done this many times without any issue.. other than the fact that RDP sessions have a time limit applied - once the disconnected session reaches that limit it will log you off. You can change this under Administrative settings > Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration.