Sign in to follow this  
zsawyer

@MumbleLink -A2OA/A3- mod for extended support of Mumble's positional audio feature

I understand mumble has none of those functions, that's why I wanted a client side program that simply modulates the users voice and sends a radio sound at the beginning and end of the transmission, events on key down and key up. But I can't find a simple external program that does that. Maybe there's a script or mod that extends the in game VoIP, that would work just as well

The PRMumble Client has the clicking feature (but that's it).

I am unaware of such a program. The aforementioned Virtual Audio Cable is the closes thing I can think of. Sorry.

hey there

first of all

sorry for lazy questions (im not using mumble as i hate its UI layout) if its not working in mumble : /

is there any function this mod provides to mute the own player? (FE.: "[] call MumbleLink_fnc_mutePlayer")

is there any function this mod provides to change the volume of all speakers (sort of fadeSound just for mumble)? (FE.: "0.5 call MumbleLink_fnc_setGlobalVolume")

No. There is neither of the two functions. As much as I would like to include features like that, I cannot: This mod is not remote-controlling Mumble in anyway. It simply tells it your own ingame position and some identifying properties.

However as an alternative you can bind hotkeys for those features in Mumble itself. Ofcourse that is limited to manual control.

On a side note: There might be the possibility of a hard-core work-around, an independent mod, that involves virtual key presses to trigger those hotkeys.

Maybe not an external program, but maybe there's a mod or script that adds squawks and more radio channels to the default VON. since the audio quality is different from in mumble, it would server just fine as a radio, using Mumble for just directional communications while using the in-game VON for radio comms. I did find VON+ but it's old and doesn't add the radio sounds, not sure if anything else is available.

To tell you the truth, if this kind of script or mod existed, mumble + that would be like a more simplistic but good alternative to TFAR or ACRE. If I knew how to script or mod I'd do it myself.