Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

How edit already made missions?

I'm sorry to ask this.. :D

So I see that missions I've played on someone else's server go here:

C:\Users\Doolittle\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

And I see that in the game if I go to Editor, I load and save missions as "User mission" they go here:

C:\Users\Doolittle\Documents\Arma 3\missions

"Export to single missions" here (as pbo):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Missions

"Export to multiplayer missions" here (as pbo):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

Now, in Arma2 I liked to go directly to Multiplayer, start my own LAN server, "Host new mission", and then from there I could pick a mission and do Edit. I have extracted a bunch of missions and put them into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

They show up and I can select them, but when I click Edit to edit them, I just hear a click sound but nothing happens and I can't edit. Why? What am I doing wrong? (Note these are extracted pbo missions)(They used to show up in Arma2 as a diff color if pbo or folder)

Note I tried to find info here before coming to the forums:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Missions

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor:_External#Mission_Folder

Edited by Doolittle

UnzipExtract the PBO and move the file to: C:\Users\Doolittle\Documents\Arma 3\MPMissions

Edited by kylania

The Missions/MPMissions folder in the Arma install dir is only for pbo'ed missions. For editable ones (folder) they have to go under your Arma profile stored in MyDocuments as Kylania mentioned.

Unzip the PBO and move the file to: C:\Users\Doolittle\Documents\Arma 3\MPMissions
PBO's are not zipped as such. Yes they are compressed, but not by zip code (ha ha pun..)

You will need a PBO extractor such as ExtractPbo.exe

See ExtractPbo2.10.0.3.Installer.exe

I need some help editing the GoT wasteland file? Me and my friend have a dedicated server up and we have tweaked some stuff to the file but we need alot more help. anyone here can help?

PBO's are not zipped as such. Yes they are compressed, but not by zip code (ha ha pun..)

Correct you are sir! Didn't even realize I said unzip instead of extract. :) Fixed.